- Job posted by Achievement Network (ANet)
Details: Yearly Salary
Location: Boston, MA
Position is available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Achievement Network (ANet) is a nonprofit dedicated to educational equity. We help schools boost student learning with great teaching that's grounded in standards, informed by data, and built on the successful practices of educators around the country.
Founded in 2005, ANet now serves over 700 schools educating over 230,000 students in California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Tennessee. Our support has consistently helped our partner schools—both district and charter—achieve breakthrough results for their students. ANet has received multiple awards and recognitions, including a prestigious Investing In Innovation (i3) grant from the federal government in 2010, New Schools Venture Fund's “Organization of the Year” in 2011, and The NonProfit Time's “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in 2015 and 2016.
ANet is a dynamic, values driven, team-oriented organization that is committed to the growth and development of all staff members. Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to join an exceptional team of colleagues committed to helping schools drive excellent teaching and learning by investing in each other and learning together.
ANet is looking for an analytical, collaborative, and innovative Financial Analyst to join a five-person Finance & Accounting Team supporting an organizational operating budget of $27M. This position will report to the Director, Finance & Accounting and will play a critical role in helping to build and innovate ANet's finance function while providing strategic financial analysis and insights to key decision-makers across the organization. This is an ideal position for a finance professional looking to leverage their technical talents to drive impact.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Support the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to stakeholders, including senior management, boards of directors, and public and private donors
- Evaluate internal and external financial trends and provide insightful, high-value analysis to leadership to inform budget planning and management
- Prepare short- and long-term financial projections in partnership with the Director, Finance and Accounting
- Identify opportunities to innovate and implement changes to financial practices, policies and procedures as they relate to budgeting and financial forecasting
- Collaborate with the Accounting Manager to review revenue and expense activities to ensure accurate allocations across our schools and programs.
- Manage payroll process, Insperity systems and reconciliation of cash accounts
- Support audit activities including the A133 audit
- Support financial compliance requests including state, benefit and insurance reporting
- In partnership with the Director, Finance & Accounting, build and maintain excellent relationships with budget managers, senior leaders, and other decision-makers across the organization, helping to build their capacity in financial planning
- Work closely with ANet's regional operations staff members to effectively track their team's budget and expenditures
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily and are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet's Advance Equity and People Matter values
- You enjoy digging into data with an analytical eye to determine the story that it's telling you
- You bring familiarity and comfort with financial systems (e.g. QuickBooks, Salesforce, etc.) and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- You sweat the small stuff and bring exceptional attention to detail to everything you do
- You are a collaborative team player and your positive customer service attitude makes you excel at communicating with diverse internal and external stakeholders
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- You bring prior experience in nonprofit finance and accounting practices
- You bring comfort and familiarity with supporting the finance function of a growing organization with diverse revenue streams (including earned revenue and philanthropic dollars)
WHAT WE OFFER
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Minimum Education Required