The Development Manager drives revenue growth from philanthropy, guides Activate’s impact metrics development, and coordinates Activate's overall organizational revenue growth strategy across all funder types (philanthropy, government, and corporate). The Development Manager reports to the Chief Growth Officer.
Salary: $150,000 with a 20% bonus
Locations: Berkley, Los Angeles, Boston, or New York preferred. Other locations in the USA to be considered.
To grow philanthropic partnerships:
- Develop, plan, and execute philanthropic revenue growth strategy, and operationalize the plan by setting an engagement calendar and success metrics
- Develop endowment strategy and launch Activate Endowment Campaign by the end of 2021
- Own the lifecycle of funding partnership accounts
- Orchestrate and implement cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for funding partners, prospects, and donor networks/coalitions, including proposals and presentations for donors
- Develop/maintain relationships with strategic funding partners
- Curate visits, quarterly calls, salons, executive- and board-level check-ins, donor report writing.
- Develop visibility strategies and engagement plans (in partnership with the marketing/events/communications team) with funders and key stakeholders to build affinity and lead generation for funding/sponsorship support
To measure impact:
- Develop and organize impact assessment approaches and methodology toward stated impact goals
- Coordinate with key stakeholders within and external to the organization to establish the impact measurement approaches and methodology
- Compile and distribute progress against impact milestones to external stakeholders in partnership with fellowship and brand/communications teams
- Oversee the revenue pipeline management process, including working with IT to establish an Airtable CRM for leads, pipeline opportunities, and active awards across all funder types (govt, philanthropy, corporations)
- Develop a five-year fundraising plan to support organizational growth and expansion by coordinating across the other members of the Growth, Engagement and Partnerships team
- Establish success metrics and manage results tracking for the five-year plan.
- Coordinate with Finance team to ensure data integrity and the ability to forecast, create budgets, and track revenue
- 5 years of experience in development
- Has created and developed multi-million dollar portfolios
- Has proven experience with financial analysis
- Is comfortable with databases and software platforms