466 Geary St
Are you a detailed-oriented facilities professional? Do you have experience with health and safety laws? Are you interested in working for a social service organization?
We are currently in search of a Safety Manager for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in Menlo Park, CA. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Menlo Park, CA
POSITION TITLE: Safety Manager
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Safety Manager, you will be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace for clients and staff members. Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, you will be an integral part of the team to ensure all emergency protocols and operations are up-to-date, to provide recommendations as needed, and to serve as a resource to all internal and external stakeholders. This is an ideal position for a project management professional, who has a knack for improving facility-based programs and enjoys empowering colleagues to establish a secure work environment.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 3+ years of facilities and project management, safety management and training experience
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferred; Certified Safety Professional, a plus
· Understanding of OSHA compliance, Worker Compensation, and Safety training
· Familiarity with IT management
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working in a database and utilizing various project management tools
· Mission-focused and experience in working with disenfranchised communities, specifically individuals who are experiencing homelessness
· Possess a high-level of discretion and positive outlook
· Ability to multi-task and comfortable in a growing office environment
· Access to a vehicle preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Manage and oversee the implementation and communication plan of the newly released emergency response program
· Collaborate with Human Resources and Operations to evaluate current safety and security measures for staff members, clients, and families
· Host workshops to all incoming employees on emergency preparedness plans (i.e. earthquake and fire drills); serve as point of contact for any safety troubleshoot measures
· Visit various building sites often and work closely with Program Site managers to examine needs of each building and its residents
· Supervise and mentor an additional Safety team member; collaborate on special projects
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Safety Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required