466 Geary Street
Are you a creative and collaborative individual who is looking for growth opportunity in the Development sector? Do you have experience working with mid-level donors and volunteers?
We are currently in search of an Individual Giving Manager for a Social Service nonprofit. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Individual Giving Manager
SALARY: $65,000 -$75,000
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Director of Development, the Individual Giving Manager will be responsible for building relationships for small-to mid-level donors and improving internal systems. The Individual Giving Manager will play a pivotal role with all internal and external stakeholders of the organization, including staff, volunteers, and Board of Directors, to ensure their active engagement organization’s mission and advancing programs. Through creating fundraising strategies and managing diverse events, this is an ideal role for a collaborative and strategic Development professional who is seeking to take their career to the next step within a growing organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 2-5 years of experience in a development/fundraising role, including direct solicitation of individual donors
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills; comfortable public speaking and presenting to groups
· Excellent project management, marketing, and/or communications skills
· Strong time management, organizational and communication skills
· Flexibility and ability to remain calm under pressure
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Develop, plan, and coordinate Individual Giving operational strategies, initiatives, and activities
· Cultivate and maintain existing and potential donor/supporters’ relationships
· Represent the organization’s mission in the community
· Manage at least two major fundraising events per year using direct mail and online tools
· Actively communicate about best practices within the Development team and organizational wide
· Create captivating fundraising/marketing vehicles to engage a diverse pool of donors
· Actively maintain an internal database to keep track of all contacts with donors; organize and analyze the data collected to study individual giving trends
· Work closely with Ambassadors Council to coordinate fundraising events
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Individual Giving Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required