1000 Sansome Street
Isaacson, Miller (IM) is the largest executive search firm that is dedicated to serving the leadership recruitment needs of the civic sector. In 2016 alone, the firm placed 298 executives at mission-driven institutions domestically and internationally. These include leading colleges and universities, environmental organizations, foundations, human service agencies, research institutes, academic medical centers, economic development enterprises, arts and cultural groups, and social justice and other national advocacy organizations. These institutions encourage the marketplace of ideas through research, teaching, and advocacy. They inspire innovation, and, through foundations and philanthropy, they arouse the charitable endeavors of private citizens.
At this time, we are seeking to hire a Search Coordinator in our San Francisco office. The position requires a customer-service approach, the ability to work collaboratively with a range of people and a keen sense of organization. The coordinator supports and facilitates the work of a team composed of a Vice President/Principal and collaborating recruiters by providing an administrative structure for all searches. The SC serves as the central search point of contact for recruiters, clients, and candidates, and is responsible for all scheduling and logistical planning, information management and production of client deliverables.
The ideal candidate will be collaborative and eager to participate in both team and firm-wide activities and initiatives. They will possess superior interpersonal skills, excellent judgment, and superb written and oral communication abilities. This individual will need to have strong attention to detail; excellent organizational and project management skills; the ability to assess and adjust priorities in a fast-paced dynamic setting; and the ability to both problem solve and anticipate and address potential issues in advance. Experience with, knowledge of, and a passion for the nonprofit sector is preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven, thoughtful individual who shares IM’s dedication to the success of mission-driven organizations and who wishes to have a significant impact on the caliber and diversity of leadership within those organizations. Employees of IM enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment and are expected to contribute to the culture, cohesion, and overall success of the firm.
Isaacson, Miller seeks an organized and motivated individual with outstanding communication skills to provide consistently excellent search administration services. This person will provide logistical and operational support to facilitate all phases of search activities. The Search Coordinator is the central point of contact for recruiters, clients, and candidates, and is responsible for all scheduling and logistical planning, information management, and production of client deliverables.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative and logistical structure for searches based on individual search timeline; anticipate organizational needs for all searches; coordinate and manage internal processes; act as central liaison among client, candidate, partner, and team
- Schedule client meetings and conference calls, as well as candidate videoconferences and in-person interviews
- Manage complex calendar for Vice President/Principal who travels extensively
- Coordinate travel arrangements and internal or external meeting logistics
- Manage production and dissemination of client meeting materials in electronic or paper formats
- Reconcile and track Vice President/Principal and candidate expenses
- Participate in firm meetings and committees, as well as team-specific meetings
- Ensure accurate information is entered into internal database and shared drive in a timely manner; manage the web application process
- Preserve confidentiality of applicable materials and communications
We seek applicants with broad intellectual curiosity, excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal effectiveness, technological savvy, relevant experience, and a commitment to supporting mission-driven organizations and advancing diversity and inclusion.
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years’ administrative experience in a professional setting preferred
- Professional and service-oriented approach and demeanor; attentiveness to colleagues, clients, and candidates. Demonstrated ability to work independently and with discretion
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities, delivering high quality work within established timelines
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to anticipate potential issues in advance
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic, as well as a sense of humor and perspective
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particular expertise with Outlook preferred; previous experience with calendar management and scheduling
- Prior experience with databases; strong overall technological skills
- Superlative interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of educational and social backgrounds, and to demonstrate an honest respect for each individual
Isaacson, Miller was founded in 1982, and from the beginning, it has been committed to strengthening and diversifying leadership in the civic sector. Staff members share a fundamental dedication to the missions of the firm’s clients.
Today, IM conducts searches nationwide and increasingly overseas, across the entire civic sector and across all the core functions of its client organizations. The firm has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth in recent years, and has expanded its staff to keep up with strong client demand. While most of its clients are nonprofits, IM works occasionally with public agencies and select for-profit companies, particularly those with ties to education and science, as well as some socially responsible corporations. The firm aspires to be the dominant provider or serious competitor in each of the major fields in the nonprofit sector. It has a presence in each segment, in some cases modest, in others substantial.
The firm has a commitment to diversity that has been at the heart of its mission since its earliest years, regarding diversity in all of its forms as critical to the strength and well-being of the civic sector. Inclusion of diverse voices enhances creativity, expands ways of learning and thinking, and challenges individuals to be open-minded. It is also a foundational element in building a just and equitable society. Beyond these stated values, IM is unusual among large search firms for its consistent and statistically significant track record of success in recruiting candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to key leadership positions throughout the country. Since its founding in 1982, 23 percent of the successful candidates in its searches have been people of color and 43 percent have been women.
IM nurtures a culture of learning and experimentation in a context of warm collegiality, team spirit, shared values and mission commitment, and a sense of the whole being much greater than the sum of the parts. Employees across the firm are encouraged to contribute beyond specific practices or formal job titles; recent firm-wide initiatives have included a diversity group, website working group, marketing group, and a social committee. Indeed, corporate citizenship is frequently considered when evaluating staff for promotion within the firm.
This dedication to mission and general esprit de corps attract a remarkably diverse and talented staff, many of whom have held senior leadership positions in universities and colleges, advocacy organizations, public sector agencies, and human services organizations. The Boston Globe has included IM in its list of the Best Places to Work in Massachusetts.
Isaacson, Miller is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates in this search.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the email address provided.