466 Geary Street
Are you a creative professional? Do you possess a strong aesthetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Are you enthusiastic about engaging with underserved populations?
We are currently in search of a Marketing and Communications Assistant for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Communications Assistant
SALARY: $55K – $60K
Is This Your Dream Job? As an effective Marketing and Communications Assistant, you will be promoting the brand of the organization through all communication materials, from digital to print, and supporting the Communications Manager. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to strategize all in-house creative work, including social media, you will assist in creating multimedia content and possess a strong understanding of working on tight deadlines. You are a team player that possesses a high-level of critical thinking, discretion, and cultural competency in all you do for this organization.
· Medical, dental, vison, and life insurance
· Vacation and paid sick leave
· Retirement savings plan
· Progressive work culture
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 2-3 years of experience in a graphic design position
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Advanced in Salesforce, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience with Wordpress, HTML, and email marketing a plus
· Keen eye for detail and possess strong proofreading and copywriting skills
· Demonstrated ability to work under short deadlines, collaborating among teams, and previous experience volunteering with your local community
· Stays current social media and email marketing trends
· Possesses an approachable demeanor, sense of humor, and a general interest in the mission of the organization
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Work as a team member to create signage, print collateral, and collaborate on website redesign
· Produce on tight deadlines to implement creative material for all social media messaging across departments and divisions; support the implementation of a digital library and its maintenance
· Adhere to brand guidelines and be able to communicate effectively to staff, clients, and volunteers
· Strategize content for organization’s seasonal and yearly needs and serve as lead in designing newsletters and blog posts
· Provide time-sensitive campaign collateral and assist with any web-related requests
· Photograph events and assist with programs and special events as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to tcheney@cnpstaffing with “Marketing and Communications Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required