Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
485 Madison Ave, 7th Fl
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Sandler Search is a retained executive search firm serving clients in the nonprofit, educational and philanthropic sectors. Founded in 2010 by Josie Sandler, Sandler Search has built upon its extensive experience in the executive search, nonprofit and management consulting arenas to become a leading firm in recruiting senior level executive leaders for mission-driven organizations.
With offices located in New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles, Sandler Search has deep experience and connections in the greater New York City area as well as nationally, with particular expertise in executive leadership, external affairs and development positions. Overall, Sandler Search provides a highly successful, consultative executive recruitment service to help build the strength and impact of mission-driven organizations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Associate will serve as a key member of the search team, working closely with the CEO and Founder, and other team members. He/she will support search execution, with responsibility for research, candidate identification and outreach, and other essential search administration functions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Candidate Identification, Research and Development
• Proactively follow up with relevant candidates and sources in order to quickly develop a thoroughly researched slate of optimal candidates for each position.
• Manage ongoing frequent and open communication both internally and externally with colleagues, candidates and sources to ensure quality professional service and to develop long-term relationships.
• Perform original research relevant to each individual search using web-based capabilities, including developing target source lists and creating organizational mapping.
• Ensure all research and search activities are properly documented and updated in the Sandler Search database.
• Oversee knowledge management activities such as staying current on nonprofit and search industry trends, key organizations and executive moves.
• Manage search deliverables including scheduling candidates internally and externally, drafting key search documents and communications, and producing candidate reports and books.
• Assist with search logistics including candidate travel, planning large Search Committee meetings, and placing search advertisements.
• Oversee general inquiries and perform other office and search functions and activities as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Key Professional Experience Includes:
• A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in the nonprofit and philanthropic sector, executive search, or professional services; with a preference for experience in recruiting or nonprofit development.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; articulate and persuasive with strong relationship building abilities.
• Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks with strong organizational, prioritization and problem solving skills.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Database savvy with a facility for quickly and effectively performing online research and other computer tasks.
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with the Encore database system a plus.
• Comfort managing sensitive information, with an appreciation for and commitment to maintaining the strictest level of confidentiality.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
• High energy, high performing and tenacious, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Poised and professional with the ability to represent Sandler Search to senior-level clients, candidates and other partners.
• Strong customer service orientation including excellent personal and phone presentation.
• Sharp, inquisitive and perceptive, with well-honed listening skills and the ability to synthesize information.
• Collaborative, flexible and team-oriented, interested in taking initiative and pitching in wherever needed.
• A quick learner with strong attention to detail, exceptional follow-through skills, and a commitment to excellence.
• A positive outlook, strong work ethic and a sense of humor appreciated.
EDUCATION AND OTHER:
Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus. Occasional attendance at events during early mornings and evenings.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Sandler Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Please email cover letter and resume in confidence to: email@example.com
Minimum Education Required