As an Art Teacher at Bold Charter School, you will ensure that every student experiences a learning environment that cultivates creative expression and a love for the arts. You will model and inspire a love of learning and art that will equip each student to succeed in school and thrive in life. You will be part of a results-oriented and collaborative team of professionals who are relentless in their pursuit of educational excellence. You will receive regular coaching and feedback, and will have opportunities to grow into a master teacher and transformative leader within the organization.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building a classroom culture that is joyful, engaging, and rigorous, and in which students love art;
- Building a classroom culture of self-expression in which students develop critical thinking skills through respectful discussion and critique;
- Engaging students in the creative process and developing their artistic abilities and knowledge of art and art history;
- Driving high academic outcomes for all students by regularly analyzing data, studying student work, and implementing high leverage instructional strategies to ensure gains for all students;
- Collaborating with colleagues to create a learning environment that prioritizes aesthetics across the school and makes learning visible;
- Supporting small group instruction, and taking an active role in building a strong culture of reading across the school;
- Modeling Bold’s core values and building a positive student and team culture across the school;
- Training with colleagues and school leaders, which includes regularly implementing feedback with grace and urgency in service of student achievement, a values-based school culture, and a positive professional work environment;
- Developing strong relationships with families and students, including regular communication that creates high levels of investment in school culture and academics; and
- Demonstrating a mission-first mindset to ensure all decisions and actions are rooted in ensuring that all students excel.
Successful candidates should:
- Be passionate about learning and about Art;
- Be a person of high moral character;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to and alignment with the mission, beliefs, and values of Bold;
- Have teaching experience with a proven track record of success in delivering instruction that is joyful, engaging, and rigorous;
- Have prior experience in establishing creative environments in which art is explored, discovered, and observed;
- Hold an unwavering belief in the potential that all students can learn paired with an unshakeable conviction to ensure all students will learn;
- Have leadership experience with quantifiable results of success, outperforming peers in parallel fields and markets;
- Have the ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where responsibility for student success is shared and owned by everyone;
- Hold a commitment to solutions-based problem solving and previous experience of such; and
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Art or Art Education (preferred, but not required) with an outstanding record of achievement and leadership.
The commitment for this position begins August 2021.
Compensation for this position is extremely competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes a full benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bold Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.