Senior Executive Assistant
- Job posted by The Perigee Fund
The Perigee Fund is a new philanthropic organization that is committed to advancing work in the field of early childhood. Founded in 2017 by Dr. Lisa Mennet, an infant and early childhood mental health clinician, Perigee seeks to advance a future in which every parent and primary caregiver has access to the supports they need to care for their children with confidence, competence, and joy. We want every young child to grow up supported by healthy relationships that provide the foundation for strong social and emotional development.
Perigee has committed significant resources over the next ten to fifteen years to support programs, outreach, education, and partnerships that will transform access to quality support for a child’s early social and emotional development. With substantial resources and a focus on impact nationally and in the Pacific Northwest, the Perigee Fund will be among the top ten largest early childhood philanthropic organizations in the United States.
Perigee’s philanthropic team will be guided by the following principles in all our work. We believe that:
· Change happens through relationships;
· Support for individuals is transformative;
· Family-based support is essential;
· Every family is unique; and
· An early focus on the well-being of a child advances equity across our society.
The name “Perigee” is a metaphor for the concept of secure attachment in children, whereby the child, moving in the “orbit” around a primary caregiver, can safely enjoy both the warmth of intimacy and the joy of independent discovery and exploration within the relationship.
The Senior Executive Assistant will provide direct executive support to the founder of Perigee Fund and the Perigee Fund Executive Director. The candidate will also work closely with all Perigee Fund team members to build a new philanthropic entity, establish effective processes, and ensure the successful management of Perigee’s organization-wide administrative needs.
Executive support responsibilities will include:
· Relationship management and correspondence: Provide communication support to ensure responses contribute to ongoing relationship development with external partners. Assist in preparing official Perigee Fund correspondence.
· Contact management: Manage Perigee Fund contacts, developing a system to track inquiries, outreach, and other activities as needed.
· Calendar management: Manage multiple complex calendars with high volumes of calls, meetings, site visits, speaking engagements, and conferences. Through understanding key dependencies and relationships, help prioritize conflicting needs while ensuring a timely and professional response to external and internal inquiries.
· Travel Arrangements: Arrange travel plans, itineraries, meeting agendas, conference attendance, and any other items necessary for travel.
· Expense Management: Maintain organized files and records for expenses of key team members, ensuring timely financial reporting.
· Administrative Support: Assist with printing and additional administrative duties as needed.
Initial and ongoing administrative responsibilities include:
· Start-up support: Work collaboratively with Perigee Fund founding team to identify office space and set up a new office for success. This will likely entail a wide range of activities, such as identifying and managing appropriate vendors, purchasing office supplies, and setting up IT for the new office.
· Ongoing office management: Work with all members of the Perigee Fund team to manage day-to-day operations, including greeting office visitors, checking mail, answering phone calls, managing office inventory and expenses, and developing office procedures and protocols.
· Meeting and event management: Assist in scheduling and planning for Perigee Fund meetings, events, gatherings, and presentations. This may include identifying appropriate venues, handling event logistics for a wide range of attendees, setting up catering, and acting as a resource for visiting guests.
· Technical Assistance: Support team members with technical assistance as needed related to meeting technology, maintenance and replacement of equipment, and identification of additional external technical resources as needed.
· Special projects: As needed, assist the Perigee Fund team with special projects, which may include research and analysis of data to help respond to inquiries.
· Team development: Help develop the Perigee Fund office culture and cultivate a collaborative, kind, and open environment.
The ideal candidate will bring a proactive, practical, and positive mindset to developing an effective approach to supporting Perigee’s founder and team. Perigee is in the early stages of starting up its operations, and we see this individual as absolutely essential to the success and spirit of the fund. An ideal candidate would bring:
· A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in an office setting, preferably in an administrative role that required fast-paced interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
· Experience working in, or familiarity with, philanthropy, advocacy/public policy, early childhood, or start-up environments.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, characterized by diplomacy, kindness, and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels.
· Exceptional organization skills and a solutions-oriented approach to uncertain and ambiguous situations.
· Comfort developing new processes, in collaboration with team members, that improve efficiency and quality in a continually evolving environment.
· Experience setting priorities and meeting deadlines while balancing the needs of multiple individuals, including calendar management, travel arrangements, and event planning coordination.
· Demonstrated learning orientation and flexibility to successfully balance the opportunity and ambiguity inherent in an entrepreneurial, quickly evolving organization.
· Significant proficiency in office software – MS Office required, other software expertise is a plus.
· Willingness to occasionally travel and possibly support limited work engagements on weekends and evenings.
· Passion for Perigee’s vision and alignment with our guiding principles.
This is a full-time position based in Seattle, WA. Compensation includes a generous benefits package consisting of medical, dental, fixed retirement contribution by employer, professional development, and significant flexibility in work schedule. Salary range is $65,000 - $75,000 for full time role, depending on experience. Potential for a part-time role for the right candidate. As part of our standard hiring process for all new employees, employment with the Perigee Fund will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This search is being supported by Makeba Greene of the national search firm, NPAG. To apply, please send a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, along with your resume (in Word or PDF format) to Perigee-SEA@nonprofitprofessionals.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, cultivating a diverse and inclusive team is an essential component of the Perigee Fund’s commitment to advance equity. We are committed to equal employment and promotion opportunity regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, parental status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.