- Job posted by Idealist Consulting
At Idealist Consulting, our mission is to help organizations strengthen their internal processes through the selection and configuration of the best suited technical solutions. We partner with clients, guiding them through complex projects, including adoption and configuration of Salesforce, marketing automation tools and application development. We work to empower corporate and nonprofit organizations to spend less time in the tech trenches and more time making an impact!
As a Salesforce Consultant you will guide, educate, and empower clients through solution configuration and delivery; that's the Idealist Way.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide client projects and internal teams.
- Coordinate and actively manage implementation schedules, resources, and project deliverables when there is not a dedicated PM.
- Utilize prescribed project management tools and delivery methodologies to ensure continuity in communication and project quality.
- Plan project from requirements gathering to solution design and development, testing, and deployment.
- Produce quality project deliverables, including kickoff presentations, project plans, status reports, budget burn reports, client requirements, design documentation and deployment plans.
- Discover client Salesforce-related needs through deep dive conversations.
- Work with client to define goals, processes, workflows.
- Identify areas for technology usage improvements.
- Identify 3rd party applications.
- Translate needs into user stories and technical requirements.
- Build solutions, favoring declarative configuration.
- Customization of new fields, objects, page layouts, list views, reports, etc.
- Automate with Workflow, Process Builder and Flow.
- Validate configuration through quality testing and facilitation of user acceptance testing.
- Move essential data; data hygiene and upkeep including de-duplication, owner changes; coordinate with data specialist as needed.
- Fundamental data migration within the data management capabilities of the Salesforce.com platform.
- Educate clients and administrators on project phases, system functionality, and the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Empower client teams by promoting teamwork and culture of accountability.
- Collaborate with Client Success Manager and Director of Services as needed to resolve project issues or client communication roadblocks.
- Successfully build and nurture long-term client relationships
- 2+ years Salesforce administration with strong declarative design skills and the ability to deliver customer driven solutions.
- Proven experience with NPSP, Sales Cloud.
- Previous experience as a consultant or Business Analyst.
- Experience managing projects or engaging in projects with technical and cross functional/departmental components.
- Ability to engage in multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - including translation of technical requirements to non-technical individuals.
- Previous experience working with nonprofits, experience working in fundraising and program management is a plus.
- Creative and analytical thinking with a passion for solving customer problems with software solutions.
- Salesforce Admin Certification strongly preferred.
- Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud certifications a plus.
Minimum Education Required