American Prison Data Systems (APDS) is Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a certified B-Corporation that provides educational software and technology to correctional facilities across the country. There are more than 2 million people incarcerated and more than 4.5 million paroled in the U.S. APDS provides tablet-based education solutions for incarcerated learners and returning citizens in order to create better outcomes through individualized education, rehabilitation, and reentry programming to prepare them for a successful reentry to society. Investments in correctional education improves outcomes, reduces recidivism, and makes correctional facilities safer for both staff and those who are incarcerated. APDS never charges incarcerated individuals or their friends and families for its technology or services.
Learn more at www.apdscorporate.com
The mission of the Technical Business Analyst will be to support the management, development, and successful implementation of APDS content and programming partnerships across the APDS digital education platform, which is leveraged by a national network of incarcerated learners.
Programming is geared to both juveniles and adults, and include education, job training, rehabilitative, and reentry services. This role is cross-functional, and works closely with members of the Technology, Product, Sales, Support, and Business Development teams.
As APDS is growing, we are looking for a team member who will roll up their sleeves and achieve the following outcomes:
- Provide thorough analysis and review of new and existing content to meet requirements for technical integration, strategic fit, usability, and digital security.
- Develop and maintain reliable process documentation for Business Development projects and partnership support initiatives.
- Support the development of distance learning and communication tools for the incarcerated through research, analysis, technical troubleshooting, and coordination of stakeholders.
- Ensure that content partners are successfully integrated on the APDS platform, and set up for success and scale.
- Coordinate business and technical teams for collaborative technical integration projects between APDS and third-party content partners.
- Coordinate technical review and quality assurance of third-party partner sites with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with new customer implementation and end-user license management.
- Research and propose potential partnerships and content development opportunities.
- Serve as an internal operational resource on partnerships for all APDS departments.
- Develop streamlined processes to improve project efficiency.
Qualification and Experience
- 2-5 years experience in partnership management, technical project management, business development, content development, application integration, and/or other relevant experience.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented: able to manage multiple projects and work streams simultaneously and with excellence.
- Highly analytical: fluent in using data and analysis to drive decisions, set priorities, and identify action items.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
- Excellent writing skills and verbal communication.
- Experience working within the enterprise Software-as-a-Service industry is highly desired.
- Background and experience in digital education preferred.
Basic Expectations for all APDS Employees
- Belief in APDS’s mission to reduce recidivism and improve the life chances of incarcerated learners and returning citizens
- Be on time for work; notify appropriate people if you will not be at work during your regular schedule.
- Be on time for meetings with staff and clients.
- Follow up on things on your plate; don’t expect others to remind you. Trust others to do the same.
- Take initiative if you realize something needs to be taken care of. We are a team; either do it yourself, or communicate with someone else about it.
- Clear, concise, and timely communication is essential.
- Respond to emails and voicemails promptly.