466 Geary Street
We are currently in search of a Senior Director, Strategy and Research for a Nonprofit. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonprofit
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Senior Director, Strategy and Research
SALARY: $125K - $140K/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Director of Strategy and Research will consistently provide comprehensive strategic recommendations based on the evaluation of programmatic data. S/he will serve as a key member of the executive team and maintain a highly analytical mindset to develop, communicate, and execute strategic initiatives across the organization, while also leading a team of direct reports. This is an ideal position for tactical, proactive professional who has proven ability to work cross departmentally to lead strategic planning and is passionate about serving a nonprofit.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 8-10 years of program evaluation, operations, and/or business planning experience, preferably in a nonprofit
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel; Familiarity with Salesforce and/ or ETO, a plus
· Strong understanding of tools to measure KPIs, risk management, and strategic planning
· Experience working with government contracts and grants
· Ability to multitask; comfortable working autonomously and managing a team
· Superior written and verbal communication skills; comfortable presenting to a leadership team and can think critically and quickly
· Possess a high-level of discretion and a positive outlook; enjoys taking on new challenges and is a natural problem solver
· Passionate about serving a mission-driven organization
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Collaborate with Strategy and Research team to understand how programs are performing and offer suggestions of improvement
· Serve as lead consultant to executive leadership and work to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders to understand programmatic performance
· Supervise, train, and mentor a staff of 4-5 data team members
· Monitor and report regularly on the progress on new initiatives
· Work closely with Lead Program Director to understand gaps to goals; utilize diverse analytical tools to grow the visibility of the organization within the community
· Work to incorporate a goal-oriented culture by developing an inclusive planning process for all programs and initiatives
· Understand utilization of current databases and provide suggestions on how tools can be used more effectively staff-wide
· Train and implement goals within the department to serve as a mentor; work with team to incorporate new processes and technologies
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Senior Director, Strategy and Research” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required