- Job posted by Sanctuary for Families
Details: $55000 / Yearly Salary
The Staff Accountant works closely with the Senior Accountant to ensure compliance with GAAP and adherence to agency's policies and procedures.
- Prepare and batch cash receipts for deposits and posting of all cash receipts including credit cards and EFTs.
- Responsible for collection of Amex expense receipts submitted by cardholder and related transaction allocation recorded to Fund EZ on a monthly basis.
- Review expense coding to ensure grant compliance and tag all eligible cost including AP and Amex to restricted grants and contracts.
- Prepare weekly reconciliation of Pass – Thru Grants.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Complete year end 5500 census compliance questionnaire.
- Assist Director of Contract Management in fiscal audits of government grants and Director of Finance in annual agency audit.
- Assist with month-end close including preparing various balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and gathering support to facilitate the close process.
- Perform any other department or agency-related duties or special projects as directed
- by the Senior Accountant.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a minimum of five (3) years experience in non-profit accounting preferred.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and manage responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Strong analytical skills; attention to detail with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of payroll software, Paylocity preferred.
- Knowledge of non-for-profit fund accounting software, Fund EZ a plus.
- Strong ability to use MS Office packages, including MS Word and Excel.
Minimum Education Required