Video and Broadcast Technician
- Job posted by Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton
Video and Broadcast Technician
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking a stellar Video and Broadcast Technician to serve in the Creative Inquiry Lab at the Preparatory beginning in early-August 2018. This hourly position is part-time (roughly 20 hours per week), supporting students and faculty while participating in the Sacred Heart community. Requirements include a high school diploma (or equivalent) Strong knowledge of video production and audio recording and professional experience in television, film or radio production. The successful candidate will provide technical advice and support while actively engaging students in the learning process, nurturing analytical thinking and a life-long love of creating. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated interest in multicultural education, educational technology and a deep concern for educational access, diversity and inclusion and previous experience in a Sacred Heart School. A healthy and appropriate sense of humor is always a plus! For a complete job description, please visit http://apptrkr.com/1195962.
Well qualified candidates will also have:
• A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools and professional behavior based on it. https://www.shschools.org/page/about/mission--educational-philosophy/educational-philosophy
• High School Diploma or equivalent; BA degree preferred
• Expertise in video production and audio recording
• Demonstrated proficiency with computers and strong skills working with Photoshop, Premiere, digital cameras and camcorders, production lighting, microphones, mixers, audio recording, broadcast and streaming equipment/software.
• Professional experience in television, film, and/or radio production
• Commitment to equity and inclusion. (see https://bbk12e1-cdn.myschoolcdn.com/ftpimages/783/misc/misc_133701.pdf)
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
• Manage and maintain all production, recording, and broadcast equipment (including but not limited to cameras, camcorders, lights, microphones, audio recorders, audio mixers, A/V mixers)
• Ensure functionality and ease of use for all video and audio recording, streaming, and distribution systems
• Advise, support, and provide technical expertise to student leaders and student contributors of SHPTV, SHPTV Sports, and KSHS Radio
• Advise, support, and provide technical expertise to students engaging in independent projects in video/film/television production, audio recording, podcasting, and digital media.
• Plan and facilitate workshops for students in camera, lighting, audio, recording, editing, broadcasting, and distribution of digital media content
• Serve as editor for student video projects in order to expedite and streamline workflow
• Develop and implement safety policies and procedures, norms, and expectations in order to develop professional culture in student production and broadcast spaces
Founded in 1898, Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton is an independent, coeducational Catholic school, as interpreted and lived by the Society of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ). Our mission is to cultivate in students a personal and active faith in God and to lay the foundation for a meaningful life. Located on a beautiful 64‐acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS comprises two academic divisions: Preschool – Grade 8 (P-8), and Sacred Heart Preparatory (SHP) for grades 9-12.
For more information about our school, our community, and our athletics programs, please visit http://www.shschools.org/Page/About/Fast-Facts.
The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, Life & LTD, vision, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please do not contact the school by phone or address your materials to any other addresses other than the ones below. Please apply online by sending a resume and cover letter detailing your grade level experience to email@example.com You MUST indicate Video & Broadcast Technician 2018-19Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Pre‐employment background screening is required for all positions.
Or, you may mail your resume and cover letter detailing your grade level experience to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: Video & Broadcast Technician 2018-19