466 Geary Street
We are currently in search of a Director of Strategic Partnerships for a nonprofit. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, fulltime position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonprofit
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Strategic Partnerships
SALARY: $110K - $120K
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Strategic Partnerships will be responsible for building partnerships with foundations, corporations and city government, to specifically support the growth of the organization and its programs. This individual will be proactive is seeking out new partnerships and have a strong track record of securing institutional gifts at the 6- to 7-figure level. S/he will be extremely knowledgeable of the philanthropic landscape both in the Bay Area and Silicon Valley and be comfortable attending/ coordinating events, while serving as the face of the organization within the community.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• 8 – 10 years of continued development, sales, and institutional giving experience, with specifically 5+ years of fundraising for nonprofit organizations
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Experience working with Salesforce
• Proven ability to acquire foundation gifts at $100K and above; experience fundraising for a multi-million capital campaign
• Superior written and verbal communications, while possessing a strong attention to detail • Comfortable public speaking to small and large crowds, as well as negotiating and cold calling
• Possess a rolodex of 100-150 local foundations, corporations and government contacts
• Skilled in relating to donors at all levels, including volunteers and external contacts
• Outgoing, metrics-driven personality with a solid history of managing relationships and serving as a leader within an organization
How You Will Spend Your Day:
• Actively strategize solicitations to identify potential institutional partners, while also cultivating existing relationships at various levels
• Secure foundation and corporation gifts to successfully meet fundraising goals of $2M and attract multi-year funding
• Consistently manage a portfolio of 50+ prospects and understand key players of the San Francisco Bay Area philanthropy market
• Collaborate with Development colleagues, as well as the Executive team and Program staff; offer guidance and expertise on fundraising strategies and best practices
• Offer suggestions on enhancing current Salesforce utilization to ensure appropriate donor data is being tracked
• Work with Events team to plan diverse donor engagement opportunities, as well as leading efforts in bringing in corporate sponsorship opportunities
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Strategic Partnerships” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required