District of Columbia
TenSquare seeks a physical education teacher to fill an immediate vacancy at a DC charter school, working with Kindergarten through eighth grade students. The position is a full-time, 10-month position.
Since 2010, TenSquare has been changing how charter schools perform in the new regulatory landscape. Through its team of experienced school leaders, the company works inside and alongside schools and staff to elevate an organization's leadership, culture, and effectiveness. Based in the District of Columbia, with an office in New Orleans and projects in nine other states, TenSquare has practice areas in school performance, operations, leader and teacher recruitment and facilities development.
ABOUT THE POSITION
A physical education teacher is responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with colleagues in developing cohesive Common Core-aligned curriculum materials, increasing instructional resources, and establishing instructional goals
- Preparing standards-based lessons that challenge students' critical thinking
- Utilizing strong content knowledge to effectively present enticing and rigorous Common Core-aligned lessons
- Differentiating instruction to accommodate multiple learning styles and abilities
- Assessing students' academic and developmental growth through observation and a variety of assessment methods
- Tracking and monitor assessment results in order to regularly refine teaching practices and design differentiated lesson plans
- Applying the values of urgency, rigor, and consistency to create a positive learning environment that promotes high expectations
- Communicating with students, parents, school staff to ensure that students are on-track in their learning and making progress towards goals
Ideal candidates will have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree required. Concentration or advanced degree in education preferred
- Two or more years of teaching experience as middle school or high school teacher in an urban environment preferred
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran’s status, or any other factor, which would constitute a violation of the D.C. Human Rights Act or other applicable laws or court order.
Minimum Education Required