- Job posted by NECEC
Position: Office Manager
Location: Boston, MA
Reports to: President, NECEC
Start Date: October 2018
Schedule: 20 hours per week
NECEC is seeking a detail-oriented individual with strong organizational, operational, task
management, and communications skills to join our fast-paced and innovative organization. The
Office Manager will provide direct assistance to NECEC senior staff with daily activities and
office operations management and serve as the first point of contact for incoming inquiries
● Provide a high level of customer service and help enable the NECEC team to build and
maintain strong relationships with NECEC members, board, funders and other
stakeholders. Responds to inquiries and requests in a timely fashion.
● Serve as first point of contact for incoming calls and visitors to the office.
● Provide support to NECEC President and Executive Vice President including, but not
limited to, scheduling, expense reimbursements, travel, and project support.
● Assist with bookkeeping including paid time off, collection of receipts, and processing
● Responsible for overall office management, including upkeep of common areas and
equipment, as well as ordering supplies, furniture and equipment.
● Serve as point of contact with building management and most outside vendors and
● Provide logistical support for NECEC events as needed, including maintaining and
ordering event supplies.
● Serve as administrator for certain NECEC accounts and software programs.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent professional experience required. One to
three years office management experience required, and additional experience
● Strong analytical and organizational skills.
● Ability to juggle changing priorities and work with limited supervision and successfully
within a team.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other computer programs
and digital technologies.
● Ability to rapidly learn and use new software.
● Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, team members
● Strong English written and verbal communication skills required
Please submit resume and cover letter to Sean Davenport, Communications Manager, NECEC,
NECEC (Northeast Clean Energy Council & NECEC Institute) is the premier voice of businesses
building a world-class clean energy hub in the Northeast, helping clean energy companies start,
scale and succeed with our unique business, innovation and policy leadership. NECEC includes
the Northeast Clean Energy Council (a nonprofit business member organization) and NECEC
Institute (a nonprofit focused on industry research, innovation, policy development and
communications initiatives). NECEC brings together business leaders and key stakeholders to
engage in influential policy discussions and business initiatives while building connections that
propel the clean energy industry forward. Learn more: www.necec.org.
NECEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required