Do you have a minimum of 3 years of Governance experience?
Do you have project management experience?
Do you possess Association experience?
We are currently in search of a Governance Coordinator for a Healthcare Association. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Healthcare Association
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Governance Coordinator
SALARY: $53,000 - $63,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Governance Coordinator contributes to the successful execution of the association’s strategic initiatives and governance activities. This position coordinates the logistics for board meetings and General Assembly and manages the administrative processes for all governance projects, committees, and initiatives.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation, PTO and Sick time
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Possesses a minimum of 3 years of experience in a governance or board support position, required
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Program and/or Project Management experience, required
- Association experience, required
- Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, all products
- Excellent collaborative communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple and varied tasks under pressure, within established deadlines
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion and independent judgment
- Excellent problem-solving ability and an ability to exercise a high level of discretion and independent judgment
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Travel for the General Assembly Meetings, required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Supports the successful execution of all board meetings through tracking and uploading of materials into the online portal, logistics support and other activities.
- Coordinates the logistics associated with governance committee calls and meetings to include agenda development, scheduling and minute taking.
- Contributes to the successful execution of the association’s General Assembly including process oversight and meeting coordination.
- Serves as the primary contact for the delegate management process, including system tracking, coordination with the registration vendor and state captains to ensure accuracy.
- Manages ongoing tracking of resolutions, monitors progress, and reporting of resolutions in collaboration with other teams.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the governance policy revision cycle.
- Maintains project timelines for key governance activities and contributes to the successful execution of projects.
- Serves as the liaison to the Historian on archival projects.
- Develops and monitors the General Assembly and archival budgets and contributes to the annual budget development process.
- Contributes to the workplace culture that is consistent with the association’s culture statement and emphasizes the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Displays a high level of accountability, taking responsibility for individual actions and the impact on the organization. Views oneself as a reflection of the organization by following through on commitments and accepting ownership.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Governance Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.