Job Function: Washington DC
Location: Washington, DC
Program Assistant: Eurasia (Multiple Vacancies)
: NDI seeks several Program Assistants for Eurasia to support country staff, program officers and the Regional Director. Specific focus is on DC-based support for country-specific program activities in Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova and Russia, as well as regional programming to combat disinformation. Primary Responsibilities:
- Under close supervision, creates or makes substantial contributions to drafts of proposals, concept papers, reports, memos, program updates, work plans, and newsletter articles;
- Administrative and program support for program conferences, workshops and meetings;
- Monitors political events throughout the region;
- Creates initial drafts of budgets; monitors program spending (in conjunction with field office and program supervisor); performs basic analysis and projection of financial status and reports on that status;
- Provides administrative and logistical support to field offices and regional staff; anticipates and implements logistical needs of assigned portfolio(s);
- Provides administrative support and programmatic input into proposal process and contributes to strategic discussions; substantively contributes to work plan formulation and discussions;
- Maintains communications with NDI staff (DC and the field), as well as trainers, consultants and overseas partner organizations;
- With guidance, identifies means and methods to support strategy, monitoring and evaluation of programs;
- Acts as back-up to other team members;
- Assists supervisor(s) in recruiting and briefing staff, volunteers, consultants and trainers and expedites projects in host country; coordinates new-hire and closeout procedures;
- Provides administrative/logistical support for other region-wide needs as assigned (database maintenance, filing/knowledge sharing, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in International Relations, Political Science or a related field;
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, US and foreign government personnel and NGO community;
- High level of oral and written communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions;
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Experience living and working in, and/or knowledge of, the Eurasia region;
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications, especially the Google platform;
- Working knowledge of basic budget and accounting procedures;
- Interest in and knowledge of regional political environment and people;
- Political analysis skills;
- Fluency in oral and written English required; Additional linguistic abilities in Russian and other regional languages also useful;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to effectively prioritize; and
- Ability to coordinate activities with superiors, colleagues and overseas field staff.
This is a union position to be represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 2.
Applicants must possess U. S. work authorization that does not require employer sponsorship.
Interviews will begin in late April; positions are available immediately. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
This is an entry level position based at NDI's Washington, DC office. Due to the covid-19 pandemic, a remote start is anticipated; however, candidates are expected to be work locally when the DC office re-opens. NDI will not support the cost of relocation.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/j7lyrPsnVoyAHGB8IxyqM" />