A nonprofit organization in Milton is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join their ranks. The Accountant must have a demonstrated mastery of accounting principles, internal controls, and financial analysis as well as tax returns. The ideal candidate has strong leadership and interpersonal skills, an ability to maintain confidentiality, personal integrity, and commitment. This role reports directly in to the Controller.
- Assist in developing and maintaining procedures for all accounting processes.
- Assist in documenting accounting policy.
- Assist in acquisition of accounting and financial systems.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly financials.
- Assist in reviewing Contracts and Lease Agreements.
- Assist with year-end audit process review and provide support during both internal and external audits as well as tax returns.
- Set up new Credit card users and new Abila/Microix users.
- Maintain supporting documentation and work papers for financial reporting deliverables.
- Provide as well as assist the work of other staff members for accuracy in all areas of functions of accounts payable, accounts receivables, timesheets, credit cards, fixed assets, daily cash functions and prepaid.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams to support system implementations, upgrades, process improvement initiatives or acquisitions, as required.
- Assist in providing data for corporate filings and assist with budget, compliance reporting packages, and payroll as needed.
- Assist Controller and CFO with special projects, as requested.
- Assist with the training of junior Accounting staff.
- Ad hoc tasks and projects as required.
- College degree, Master’s in accounting or finance preferred, CPA preferred.
- 3-7 years' experience in an accounting department of an organization.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while working with deadlines.
- Data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work independently and take ownership of work coupled with the ability to work on a team and contribute to that team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary for interaction with internal customers and senior management.
- Ability to keep confidential highly sensitive company plans and data.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Abila and Microix preferred.
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Some travel may be required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email an updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org