Join PLI and represent the legal community's premier provider of continuing education and research services as a Conference Services Coordinator in our New York office. Work in a collaborative environment that prides itself on a genuine commitment to a work-life balance (3+ weeks of vacation days!). Grow your career as a customer service professional and work to maintain direct connection between seminar attendees, faculty, speakers, and PLI employees. This position requires on-site presence in our NYC office Monday through Friday.
PLI serves lawyers and other professionals with innovative programs and publications. With a sterling reputation developed over 80+ years, PLI is a trusted resource for the legal community and known for its dedication to providing pro bono training and resources to ensure access to justice.
Your responsibilities as Conference Services Coordinator:
- Accurately prepare registration desk and check iPad's
- Welcome seminar registrants and faculty
- Process customer registration fees for walk-in registrants
- Prepare daily registration reports (no show vs. expected attendance)
- Monitor webcast inbox for questions
- Organize, maintain, and distribute program related materials
- Assist all center team members with other related duties as needed
- Prepare materials for offsite programs including both live and groupcast programs
- Send travel information out to all speakers
- Assist with Onsite bookstore orders for live and offsite locations
- End of day iPad responsibilities
- Reconcile attendance times in portal for CLE Certificate issuance
- Pleasantly greet customers and address customer inquiries
- Act as liaison between customers, faculty, appropriate center staff and customer care
- Other duties, as assigned
Qualified candidates will have:
- A Bachelors or Associates Degree with 2 to 4 years' experience in meeting planning and conference coordinating.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to coordinate multiple functions is necessary.
- Knowledge of computer and various software programs and office equipment is required.
- Ability to work on-site, flexibility with schedule and ability to work with a team is required.
Your benefits at PLI
PLI offers a generous benefits package and is committed to creating an interesting, collegial, and supportive work environment:
- Medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Generous employer contribution to employee retirement savings account
- Ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays
- Flexible hybrid remote/in-person scheduling for most roles
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning web-based training along with other career development opportunities
- Work-life balance initiatives
Practising Law Institute ('PLI') is a nonprofit learning organization dedicated to keeping attorneys and professionals at the forefront of knowledge and expertise, as well as preparing them to fulfill their pro bono responsibilities.
Chartered by the Regents of the University of the State of New York, PLI was founded in 1933 by Harold P. Seligson. The organization provides the highest quality, accredited, continuing legal and professional education programs in a variety of formats. PLI publishes a comprehensive library of Treatises, Course Handbooks, Answer Books and Journals also available through the PLI PLUS online platform. The essence of PLI's mission is its commitment to the pro bono community.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.