Recruit Petra is proud to partner with Activate to search for an entrepreneurial Managing Director that will mentor the community of Activate Fellows in New York by serving as the primary advisor.
Location: New York is strongly preferred, but will consider candidates within the United States.
Salary: $200,000 and a comprehensive suite of benefit offerings.
- Serve as Managing Director and primary advisor for a cross-disciplinary community of entrepreneurial fellows.
- Drive successful outcomes for each individual fellow, providing mentorship, support, network connectivity, and resources.
- Oversee core elements of the fellowship, including review and selection of fellows, goal setting, advisory board formation, 1:1 mentorship, quarterly board meetings, and weekly educational programming.
- Support ongoing design and management of the program and organization.
- Establish and/or manage partnerships with research institutions.
- Build collaborative, cross-functional relationships with staff and partners to ensure the program operates effectively and efficiently.
- Represent Activate at an executive level with public- and private-sector stakeholders from across the technology innovation ecosystem.
- Engage with current and potential government and philanthropic sponsors.
- Lead and develop their program team to provide best-in-class support to the fellows.
- Advanced degree in the physical or biological sciences and a minimum of 10 years experience in research, development, management, and commercialization of science-driven technologies, with entrepreneurial experience as the leader of a new company or business unit.
- Proven track record of leading high-performance technical teams and has demonstrated a commitment to nurturing talent through mentorship.
- Possess a strong network and reputation among stakeholders from across the innovation ecosystem (academia, industry, finance, and government).
- Strongly exhibits objectivity, empathy, and inclusiveness in leadership.
- Is an excellent communicator and collaborator.
- Can manage a complex, dynamic portfolio of projects and stakeholders.
- Believes in the power of scientific innovation to combat climate change and create a sustainable, resilient, equitable global economy.
- Has debated the merits of venture capital as a source of funding for early-stage hard-technology companies, and is supportive of a broad range of finance and business models for advancing hard-tech to market.