Program Coordinator, Bloomberg Cities Hub General Summary/Purpose
As part of its expanding team, the Centers for Civic Impact is seeking an experienced Program Coordinator who will support the management of the newly launched and rapidly expanding Bloomberg Cities Hub
The Hub is a further Bloomberg investment in Civic Impact's support for cities around the world. It will be single point of entry for city leaders and their teams to access the best and most relevant thinking addressing important and pressing issues they face -- providing top-notch resources, strengthening communities, and inspiring a growing field of practice. The Hub will become the front door into the Bloomberg Cities Network, providing information on the network's activities and connecting city leaders around the globe.
The Program Coordinator for the Bloomberg Cities Hub is responsible for overseeing the ongoing development of this critical asset, collaborating and coordinating with numerous Civic Impact stakeholders, including internal teams, Bloomberg Philanthropies, NGO partners, Johns Hopkins vendors, and local governments to bring organizational discipline, routine reporting, and high quality customer service to these diverse groups. As this is a newly launched program, the Program Coordinator will also be a key contributor to foundational strategic planning for the site, including setting a vision, and prioritizing and designing functionality accordingly.
Johns Hopkins' Centers for Civic Impact
) empowers the public sector through expertise, training, research, and collaboration. We help governments and NGOs learn to leverage data to make better decisions. We are looking for an experienced Program Coordinator who will help us build reliable and user-centered products while working on a dynamic, cross-disciplinary team.
This position reports to the Bloomberg Cities Hub Product Manager and works closely with our communications, knowledge management, and technology teams.
Centers for Civic Impact is committed to working with communities that are focused on ending legacies of structural, entrenched racism and oppression. The Program Coordinator must be willing to think about reimagined government, knowledge, and engagement models through the lens of dismantling these legacies.Specific Duties & ResponsibilitiesProgram/Project Coordination (50%):
Partnership/Client Coordination and Management (40%):
- Monitor project activities, outputs, and progress towards anticipated results
- Identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve user experience, and drive growth
- Translate requests into technical requirements and processes for our team of content developers, writers, and other staff and vendors contributing to the Hub
- Scope and prioritize work based on internal, vendor, and partner impact and capacity
- Ensure the creation and delivery of timely, relevant, and high quality content for the Hub, including a calendar of editorial and data-based content
- Provide direction and motivation to multi-disciplinary project team
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends to support marketing, program delivery, and program design for the Hub. This may include gathering data from Google and other analytics platforms
- Coordinate & lead initial discussions of site vision and strategy (audience, functionality, etc.), and any periodic reviews as appropriate; this may include a vendor
Administrative duties (10%)
- Manage relationships and coordinate activities with diverse partners including internal teams, philanthropic organizations, NGOs, and governments
- Balance external partner requests with internal capacity and coordinate timelines across projects
- Act as a liaison across all areas to ensure effective and efficient goals, scope, progress, and completion of projects
- Perform routine administrative functions as needed, including scheduling and document management
Our ideal Program Coordinator is a creative, curious, and collaborative professional with:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
- Three years related experience.
Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula: JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. Preferred Qualifications
- Three years experience in program coordination or product/project management
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated effectiveness in coordination with subject matter experts
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of successful projects throughout their lifecycle
- Experience project managing online communities or other complex organizations and evolving online products
- Ability to develop strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to external partners and internal management
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to work effectively with diverse audiences and in a dynamic organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Drupal
- Experience using project management and collaboration tools such as Slack
- Commitment to a collegial workplace
- Ability to work independently and in a result-oriented environment
- Familiarity with online community management
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Interest in government and public sector, particularly with regard to data usage
Classified Title: Sr. Research Program Coordinator
Working Title: Program Coordinator, Bloomberg Cities Hub
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm; Up to 37.5 hrs/ week
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 60006654-KSAS - Centers for Civic Impact
Personnel area: School of Arts & Sciences
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ('the flu') season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/remote-position-Program-Coordinator%2C-Bloomberg-Cities-Hub-Othe-remote-pos/707633900/