Coordinator, Research & Prospect Management
- Job posted by Yeshiva University
Job No: 492844
Work Type: Staff Full-time
Department: Institutional Advancement
Location: Wilf Campus, 500 West 185th Street, NY, NY
Categories: Administrative Support, Philanthropy
The Coordinator of Research & Prospect Management will work in the Prospect Management and Research office under the direction of the Senior Director of Prospect Management & Research and will have the primary responsibility of identifying prospective donors and collecting, evaluating, analyzing, organizing, packaging, and disseminating detailed prospect research on current and potential prospects for the Department of Institutional Advancement. The Coordinator will produce bios for Development and Alumni Relations events, conduct detailed prospect research on major gift prospects, conduct identification projects and ongoing initiatives, maintain accurate records in our prospect tracking system, monitor market trends and news sources for relevant information on current principal and major gift donors, and maintain accurate records in our proposal tracking system and hard files.
- Complete ongoing prospect identification projects including but not limited to data mining wealth screening results, monitoring of results from push-technologies and other databases, screening lists and other resources that contain names of individuals who may be included on YUs Banner Advancement database of alumni, parents, friends, faculty, and staff
- Conduct data maintenance in Banner Advancements Major Prospect Tracking screens relating to prospect assignments, proposals, ratings, contact information, and other data. Conduct analysis and audits of tracking and contact data
- Conduct detailed prospect research on major gift prospects and prepare bios, profiles and memoranda as assigned by the Sr. Director, Prospect Management and Research
- Assist in training sessions on the basics of prospect research, contact reporting, Banner Advancement and prospect tracking system
- As assigned by the Sr. Director, Prospect Management and Research, complete other duties that support Prospect Management and Research and overall Department of Institutional Advancement
Experience & Educational Background:
- Bachelors degree required
- One to two years of experience in Prospect Research or similar positions/roles involving internet-based Research, biographical or genealogical research, financial analysis, or data management
- Experience with proactive fundraising management and research techniques
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated ability to synthesize data found in research into clear, concise, and to the point written research documents
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment
- Requires proficiency in MS Word (merges, advanced formatting)
- MS Excel (including filtering, equations)
- MS Access (queries, mail merges, forms)
- Knowledge of University structure and prospect management system a plus
- Experience with online databases such as LexisNexis, WealthEngine, Foundation Search, IWAVE, SEC Documents also a plus.
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the Universitys retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/876/cw/en-us/job/492844/coordinator-research-prospect-management
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.</i>
Minimum Education Required