Corps Kettle Coordinator/Assigned Location/Chicago
- Job posted by Metropolitan Divisional Headquarters
DOING THE MOST GOOD
Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a lasting difference in the world? The Salvation Army is the fourth largest charity in the United States and is an international organization based on Biblical principles created to help people in need. We are mission-driven, diverse, collaborative, and focused on positive results for people. Join us in making a difference.
POSITION TITLE: Red Kettle Corps Campaign Coordinator
LOCATION/DEPT: Chicago Temple, Mayfair, Midwest
REPORTS TO (TITLE): Kettle Campaign Manager – DHQ
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
STATUS TYPE: Temporary Full-Time
To raise financial funds needed for services provided to individuals and families by the Corps of The Salvation Army.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support to Corps for Red Kettle Campaign.
- Interviews, recruits, screens and selects bell ringing staff and volunteers ensuring all sites are covered effectively.
- Maintain database – Register to Ring – for recruitment of volunteers, locations of kettle sites, daily driver's routes, income entry and statistical reports for productivity.
- Plans, schedules and assigns work of paid employees/staff.
- Coordinate communications between volunteers, staff and kettle drivers.
- Utilize office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, copier, and money counting machines.
- Attend weekly update conference calls with all DHQ Red Kettle Coordinators
- Maintenance and Safety
- Building areas are kept clean and maintained that are designated for meetings.
- Identify and implement proper training tools for instruction in bellringing etiquette and Salvation Army protocol to all volunteers and staff.
- Maintain equipment utilized during bellringing season including, but not limited to, kettle stands/signs, bells, and assigned vehicles. This includes gas cards and mileage reports.
- Inventory is accounted for at the beginning and ending of season. Report any broken equipment for replacement by the next season.
- Approval of expenses is required by Red Kettle Campaign Manager prior to purchase.
- Create financial reports of all kettles sites through Register To Ring including locations, days and dollars raised. Report to Supervisor on a daily basis or as requested.
- Complete online Christmas report as requested by DHQ Red Kettle Campaign Manager
- Responsible for financial integrity of the kettles.
- Profitability is crucial to the success of this bellringing season (November-December). Return on Investment (ROI) should be less than 35% of expense in comparison to gross income (net profit).
- Employees and Volunteers
- Employee records are kept confidential and processed through the DHQ HR Department with approval by Red Kettle Campaign Manager before submission.
- Volunteer records are maintained on Register to Ring website.
- Communicate through emails for recruitment of volunteer needs for the organization.
- Maintain contact with staff and volunteers; answers questions, concerns or problems. This includes Red Kettle Campaign Manager as well.
- Research and schedule community/civic group presentation meetings
- Generate enthusiasm by telling the story of The Salvation Army and the impact their participation has on the Christmas Red Kettle Campaign.
- Other Duties as needed.
- Minimum High School diploma.
- 2 years experience in fundraising, sales or marketing.
- Valid Driver's license/MVR clearance.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Willing to promote the mission of The Salvation Army.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Uses diplomacy and good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and be a self starter.
- An attention to detail.
- Ability to concentrate in a low to high environment.
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible in light of changing job situations/priorities.
- An ability to work with confidential material.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position is required to do moderate physical work and sit for extended periods of time in a motor vehicle and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to use standard office equipment and PC, stand for extended periods of time, communicate effectively, position self to stoop, kneel, or crouch; and frequently required to reach with use of hands and arms. Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision, and ability to focus.
- The work environment for this position includes an office environment as well as outside environment (during winter months) with a low to high noise level.
- Must be able to travel to various kettle locations.
Minimum Education Required