ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 22 years.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
People are at the core of what we do. Our People Operations and Culture Manager will contribute to The Trevor Project’s life-saving work by ensuring our staff is provided with best-in-class experiences and strong core people processes to be successful in their roles. Managing our Senior People Operations Associate and approaching the work with a critical diversity, equity, and inclusion lens, you will build upon and execute a strategy to promote an innovative, inclusive, and supportive culture that aligns with the strategic priorities of the organization. Like other members of our People Operations team, you understand that every decision we make should result in the ability to hire, develop, and retain a diverse group of exceptional people to support our life-saving work.
Who you are
- Professional. You understand the value of radical candor and enjoy giving and receiving feedback up, down, and across an organization. You are mature and reliable. You strive to learn and grow your skills every day.
- Inclusion focused. You understand the nuances of diversity, equity, and inclusion work, and have leveraged these nuances to develop inclusive programs or policies in past roles.
- People person. You love building relationships with people. You know how to bring together diverse groups of people and excite them about our life-saving work.
- Entrepreneurial. You have a track record of successfully building impactful people operations initiatives. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves and support as needed to get the job done.
- Tech savvy. You maintain a digital-first mindset, especially in a remote or hybrid environment. You believe in the power of automation and have a strong desire (and ability!) to make manual processes a thing of the past.
- Results and data-oriented. You are driven by results and informed by data. You operate with urgency and efficiency. You know how to identify problems and create informed and comprehensive strategies to make progress and get results.
- Agile. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working with competing priorities. You maintain composure and remain positive under pressure.
- Clear communicator. You understand we move quickly and can communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely, in both verbal and written form. You can adopt Trevor’s voice and ensure any communications on behalf of the People Operations team are consistent with the culture we want to continue building.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You care about intersectionality. You want to have a hand in changing the world.
- Fun. The work we do is serious but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you’ll do
- Develop, lead, and project manage DEI initiatives, including employee Affinity Groups.
- Working with our Senior People Operations Associate and the Senior Director of People Operations, identify priority initiatives that directly impact the employees who make our life-saving work possible.
- Embody Trevor’s culture every day, in every decision you make. From how you operate during social events to how you navigate tough conversations, you’ll be expected to lead with a people-centric and culture-forward approach to resolve issues and move roadblocks.
- Serve as a strong peer to the People Operations Services Manager in handling sensitive and confidential employee relations matters.
- Enhance and create initiatives (e.g. onboarding, staff bonding, work anniversaries) to ensure that Trevor has an inspiring, high-performance culture that engages, inspires, and retains amazing people.
- Develop programs that foster an inclusive culture alongside our Senior People Operations Associate and Senior Director of People Operations.
- Clearly articulate to external audiences Trevor’s mission, the work that we do, and the opportunities for amazing people to join Team Trevor.
- Analyze and use data and metrics to inform decisions that affect the organization.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!) and summer Friday’s.
- Comprehensive health insurance (we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, vision, and life).
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team.
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer.
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day.