We are currently accepting resume drop applications for this role with the intention of hiring 1-2 candidates by the end of the year. We are unlikely to begin interviewing for this position until September or October. Interested candidates should expect to hear from us by October 1st. Please submit your application here.
ABOUT RCG TALENT SOLUTIONS - WHAT WE DO
RCG Talent Solutions works with organizations in support of hiring, training, and building capacity for their workers. Our long term goal is to build a suite of discrete, affordable services which organizations can access when they face capacity constraints within any function or at any level.
Over the last 5 years, we have worked with organizations primarily in two ways:
- Talent Acquisition Services: We’ve built a suite of search services that are characteristic of an initial phone interview where candidates are invited to speak to and showcase previous work (e.g. artifact presentations of relevant previous work) and semi-finalist and finalist interviews centered on a collaborative work simulation where candidates grapple with a problem they might face immediately upon entering the role in collaboration with the hiring manager and key stakeholders. We have shifted interview processes towards a two-way try on that allows candidates and organizations to get to know each other in more meaningful and authentic ways before committing to employment. We have begun paying candidates when what is asked of them becomes time intensive or creates new value for the organization.
- Embedded Support Charged Hourly: We’ve built an extensive network of kind, thoughtful, and talented professionals who we place with organizations to roll up their sleeves and work in response to their capacity gaps. Past and present projects have included high volume recruitment, DEI consulting, financial strategy and management, development strategy and management, HR generalist work, operational capacity, virtual assistant support, and more.
Over the last year we have sharpened and codified our talent acquisition service, resulting in a set of services that are fast, efficient, and affordable – typically priced at around half of what leading search firms in the social sector are charging. When we can, we also offer our service at cost or less to direct service organizations, single site charter schools that are community embedded, and underfunded early stage nonprofits. Over the next six months, we will grow our team in order to meet demand for our talent acquisition services while also remaining affordable.
In the coming years, we will build more discrete services that we hope will allow us to meet the needs of organizations (e.g. financial/development strategy and operations, virtual assistant, communications support, program evaluation, etc.). We view our talent acquisition service as an engine for our future services – both to raise the capital necessary to fund the development of the services and to provide valuable learnings that will inform the efficacy and efficiency of the services.
ABOUT RCG TALENT SOLUTIONS - HOW WE WORK
Some characteristics about what it’s like to work here:
- We are a completely virtual and highly flexible organization with workers living all over the United States and keeping their own hours.
- We are kind, thoughtful, and loving to each other. We are awed by each other’s professional strengths, tolerant of each other’s professional struggles, and rooting for each other’s professional growth. We value a balanced team rather than striving towards a perfectionist culture where every member needs to be excellent at all things.
- While we are passionate about our work, we have full lives outside of our work – we are working to live, not living to work. We work a reasonable number of hours, we create space for each other to name our boundaries, and we respect each other’s boundaries.
- We seek to build an internal culture absent of urgency and centered on trust. We seek to partner with organizations where respect, trust, and kindness are core to their culture and we do not maintain partnerships with organizations when these values are consistently violated.
- We are imperfect – we still have some improvements to make to our search service, we are still building infrastructure, and we are in the midst of shifting some things to help us to better live out our values (e.g. cleaning up systems to reduce stress, moving to open book financials with profit sharing, creating an employee total reward package grounded in employee autonomy, etc.). There are some start-up realities at play here making this a place for workers who have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR OF TALENT ACQUISITION POSITION
We are seeking a Director of Talent Acquisition to provide project management capacity across our searches. The Director of Talent Acquisition will be solely responsible for the experience of hiring managers and other staff at our partner organizations with a focus on clarity, transparency, and strong hiring outcomes. Our searches typically take 11-13 weeks and the Director of Talent Acquisition holds a large volume of searches (10-12) at any given time. On a typical search, the Director of Talent Acquisition will manage their search projects utilizing these resources in the form of employees and contractors:
- One or more directly reporting operations staff members responsible for candidate communications, interview logistics, etc.
- A designer who clarifies the role and builds an equity centered selection process
- A sourcing consultant responsible for identifying a pool of diverse, qualified potential candidates in our database and on LinkedIn
- A screener responsible for evaluating candidates
A typical week for a Director of Talent Acquisition typically looks like 8-10 hours of internal meetings and 25 hours of hiring manager and candidate meetings. Candidates interested in this role should know that while we have a lot of established methods for doing our work, we are still iterating. A Director of Talent Acquisition will be happy in this role if they are highly relational, enjoy connecting through virtual mediums (e.g. Zoom), are exceptional project managers, are tolerant of some mess on the margins, and are eager to play a role in helping us build and improve our services. The Director of Talent Acquisition will directly manage one full time operations person and will project manage a number of designers, screeners, and sourcing consultants at any given time.
- 8+ years of work experience with 5+ years in talent acquisition in the social sector with experience recruiting across functions (e.g. development, operations, program, human resources, etc.) and levels required
- Experience with competency based or scorecard style of interviewing required
- Experience with complex stakeholder management required; experience with executive level stakeholders preferred
- Experience leading executive level searches preferred but not required
- Deep commitment to valuing diversity, driving towards equity, and acting towards inclusivity
- Optimistic, kind disposition, coupled with a tendency to be real and truthful about challenges and limitations resulting in a solutions-oriented and collaborative approach to work
- Customer service orientation to both clients and candidates
- Diligent, with a high standard for quality of work
- Strategic thinker who is able to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, analyze issues, problem-solve and multi-task
- Able to view situations through multiple lenses to make well-informed decisions. Analyzes and diagnoses situations using sound judgment
- Communicates in a manner that is transparent, straight-forward and concise
- Motivated self-starter who performs well with minimal day-to-day oversight
- Operates with the utmost discretion while handling sensitive information related to HR processes
- Oriented around self growth while honoring and, when appropriate, facilitating the growth of others around them
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- The base salary range for this position is $120,000 - $130,000
- Full time employees receive a stipend of $5,000 per year intended to cover healthcare and self care expenses. This stipend will transition to covered medical and dental insurance with a smaller stipend for self care expenses by the end of 2021
- Paid holidays for full-time employees include New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous People’s Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
- Full time employees receive 15 days of flexible PTO
- In a typical year, full time employees receive additional PTO in late December and around Independence Day due to firm-wide closure
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
RCG Talent Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. In compliance with federal, state and local laws, all hiring decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are deeply committed to building diverse candidate pools for all positions and creating a work culture and environment inclusive of all. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.