ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Ronald McDonald House New York (RMH-NY) provides temporary housing for pediatric cancer patients and other children with complex medical issues and their families in a strong, supportive, and caring environment which encourages and nurtures the development of child-to-child and parent-to-parent support systems.
At Ronald McDonald House New York, families are welcomed with love and comfort, and lifelong friendships are formed among people who understand what it's like to cope with such a devastating diagnosis. RMH-NY's programs help to provide families a sense of normalcy, including wellness programs, educational tutors, music, art, transportation, activities for siblings, holiday and birthday parties, specialized support groups and more.
The House was founded in 1979 and has continued to expand its services to support even more families in New York City through programs to-go, virtual programming, and establishing respite rooms in neighboring New York City hospitals. Ronald McDonald Family Room at NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County provides support to family members and caregivers of hospitalized children. The program offers laundry services, favorite foods, personal items, relaxation sessions, mail delivery and more, enabling families to focus on what is most important: their time together and beating cancer.
Ronald McDonald House New York keeps children battling cancer and other serious illnesses close to the treatment and support they need.For more information about RMH-NY, their impact, and their response to COVID-19, please visit https://www.rmh-newyork.org/pages/about-us.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The brand new position of Director of Growth & Data Analytics will create a robust digital ecosystem across the organization by transforming and optimizing the data and analytics capabilities, digital outreach and fundraising strategies of Ronald McDonald House New York (RMH-NY). This data-driven position will be responsible for evolving the approach to online fundraising, and implementing a "One House" approach to drive digital transformation across all functions at Ronald McDonald House New York. Reporting to the President & CEO, this role will partner closely with all departments of the organization, including Marketing & Communications, Development, Programs, and IT.
With the opportunity to build out a team of up to three, this position will play a key role in: defining the strategy to integrate data analytics throughout the organization, increasing RMH-NY's online fundraising efforts, and driving site growth through digital marketing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Data Analytics: Assessment, Definition and Integration
- Assess current state of the organization including current projects and initiatives across teams to determine how data analytics can a play a role in furthering the impact of these goals; set relevant metrics and KPIs in accordance with results from assessment
- Create new capabilities for reporting, streamline the process for collecting data across programs, and communicate outcomes to internal leadership and external partners
- Review and identify potential new populations that could benefit from RMH-NY's services, determine new methods of capturing the impact of what RMH-NY can offer to new audiences, and create measures of success for RMH-NY that include issues never before addressed
- Building a brand new data-oriented model that factors in social determinants of health for children with health issues, factoring in urbanization; partnering closely with healthcare experts/stakeholders/staff
- Drive the use of digital technology and practices to engender a digital mindset and build on existing digital best practices to embed a robust digital ecosystem across the organization
- Partner closely with the Marketing & Communications team to build and execute the growth strategy across offline and online media and bring rigorous measurement, testing, and performance optimization to the organization
- Lead a change management process to implement digital knowledge and skills among program leadership and support; build from the digital activities already in place
Digital Transformation and Leadership
- Leverage digital knowledge and skills in a constructive, empowering and collaborative way to partner with key teams and stakeholders within the organization
- Collaborate with multiple departments (e.g. RMH-NY leadership, marketing, fundraising, and program leads) to oversee the expansion of digital transformation for the entire organization, including value-based care initiatives
- Work closely with the senior leadership to drive the CEO's and Board's vision around digital transformation
- Provide supervision to key leaders including Director of Digital Fundraising
- Serve as a resource for staff, families, guests, volunteers, donors and other community members
Revenue Generation and Site Growth (Digital Marketing and Digital Fundraising)
- Drive the digital transformation strategy for the organization by building out the digital fundraising infrastructure and team to sustain and align with the strategic growth strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and set organizational KPIs and metrics for short- and long-term goals; partner with cross-functional teams to implement the vision and strategy
- Research, plan, and execute strategies to identify, acquire, convert and retain digital donors and support long-term financial goals; lead key team members executing digital fundraising
- Partner closely with the newly created Director of Healthcare Experience to oversee the outreach and marketing strategy for RMH-NY's value based care approach to social determinants of health services
- Use data to create, execute and optimize new plans and programs; capture data from both digital channels and family experiences to extract meaningful insights, and make data driven decisions and recommendations to all stakeholders
- Serve the organization as the "go to" team for data; turn qualitative and quantitative insights from data into recommendations to leaders that align with strategic goals to move the organization forward
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communication team and other internal partners to enhance current strategies and activities around digital marketing
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in data analytics and digital fundraising or digital marketing
- Experience in role designing and launching digital platforms to streamline data collection and management
- Data analytics expert with deep understanding of how leveraging data drives decision-making for nonprofit organizations and operations growth/expansion
- Experience with data-driven marketing and proven success in an ecommerce, digital transformation or direct-to-consumer environment
- Experienced marketing leader with a compelling mix of direct-to-consumer marketing; nonprofit experience is preferred
- Ability to clearly articulate and independently drive innovative and compelling digital strategies and campaigns
- Proven ability to build and manage high-performance marketing, analytics, and online fundraising team as well as hire, retain, develop exceptional talent
- Demonstrated understanding of the agency, digital media, healthcare and nonprofit ecosystems and experience hiring and managing vendors and agencies to drive results is a plus
- Experience managing and growing digital fundraising programs; experience in the NYC market preferred
- Experience with digital marketing platforms and tools such as Facebook Business Manager, Google Suite, Hubspot, Eloqua, Marketo, Mailchimp, Salesforce, Raiser's Edge, Kindful, Shopify, etc.
- Demonstrated success building relationships with and engaging C-level executives; capacity to communicate strategy and progress in an inspirational and relatable manner to colleagues, donors and key stakeholders alike.
- Ability to lead and partner with passion, humility, patience, and a deep commitment to patients, families, donors and personnel
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Ronald McDonald House New York respects diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The management team is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and general treatment during employment, layoff and termination.