Our client, a healthcare association in Washington, DC has an immediate need for a HR Business Partner. We are in search of someone who wants to join a fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative team. This role is unique in the way of doing both recruitment and acting as a business partner and this role will support the IT, Legal, and Membership divisions. The position is a temporary to hire opportunity that will start asap and could transition to a full-time role as early as October, 2021.
This position will start remote and transition to a hybrid work schedule in September 2021.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and build relationships with internal clients, professional organizations and key external partners and vendors.
- Provide full lifecycle recruiting for all job levels and temporary employee requests across multiple business units within the organization, including IT, Legal, and Membership.
- Partner with hiring managers to develop recruiting strategy for open positions and future staffing needs; train/coach managers on interviewing techniques and legal issues regarding the hiring process.
- Work with Team Leader to develop and implement creative and strategic recruitment programs and tools; enhance the organization’s visibility and reputation in key recruiting channels to position the organization as an employer of choice among target candidates.
- Assist Team Leader with oversight and management of diversity recruitment efforts.
- Manage applicant tracking process and system, reporting and analysis.
- Manage job description and position management process.
- Manage internal job posting process and employee referral program.
- Assist in completing compensation surveys and analysis.
Business Unit Support
- Collaborate with the business units and HR colleagues to determine specific action plans to support the business lines needs in areas of training and development, performance management and other company wide initiatives.
- Manage new hire orientation program and execution to ensure successful onboarding of new employees.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to team leaders and staff, ensuring policies are complied with accordingly.
- Analyze exit interview and other data and provide recommendations to the business unit leaders and the HR team.
- Act as point of contact for employees and respective business units on all HR related needs.
- Assist Team Leader with recommendations for operational and strategic review/revision of current employee programs (e.g. onboarding, and offboarding).
- Manage assigned Employee Program; implementation and strategy of ongoing program activities.
- Provide peer development coaching and guidance to the Human Resources Associates.
- Collaborate with the HR team on the development and implementation of employee retention programs and strategies.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in full lifecycle recruiting of all levels in a business or mid-large association environment.
- Experience providing all functions of Human Resources as a strategic business partner to a fast-paced and changing organization
- Proven success in recruiting market sensitive and other difficult-to-fill or unique positions.
- An expert level of knowledge in all full lifecycle components including but not limited to: sourcing, qualifying, networking, interviewing and assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, offer negotiation and relationship management
- Ability to effectively manage relationships across all levels of the organization
- Excellent project management, organizational and time management skills
- Strong initiative and solid judgment ability/skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- High degree of experience with use and management of applicant tracking technology
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills
- Strong work ethic and team orientation and ability to integrate with HR team
- Working knowledge and application of relevant laws and regulations (EEO/AA, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ERISA, Title VII, COBRA, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience recruiting for technical positions, strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree
- PHR designation
- Experience recruiting in or for healthcare organizations/associations