Isaacson, Miller (IM), a national retained executive search firm specializing in leadership recruitment in the civic sector, seeks to hire a Search Coordinator (SC) to contribute to the growth of the firm and the conduct of its work. IM offers exciting opportunities for a talented individual who is dedicated to the success of mission-driven organizations, drawn to the intellectual demands and professional pace of executive recruiting, and wishes to have an impact on the caliber and diversity of leadership in organizations that advance the common good.
Since IM’s founding in 1982, IM has been committed to strengthening and diversifying the leadership of mission-driven organizations. A belief in the power of exceptional leadership and an unwavering commitment to service excellence, integrity, and impact animate the firm. IM enjoys a nearly 83% returning-client rate and completes more than 300 search assignments each year across the entire civic sector. IM has practices in higher education, healthcare and academic medicine, science and technology, PreK-12 education and education improvement, conservation, environment and natural resources, associations, foundations, arts and cultural organizations, human and social service agencies, and advocacy organizations.
IM’s more than 200 staff members share a fundamental commitment to its clients’ missions, motivating them to continue to achieve outstanding results. IM’s work is guided by the following ideals and principles that drive business forward and to which the company is held accountable:
• Diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Craft excellence.
• Intellectual curiosity.
• Generous collegiality.
• Support of growth opportunities.
• Social impact.
These core values anchor IM today and the firm’s aspirations for the future. They guide firm strategy, client service, teammate recruitment, day-to-day interactions, and the firm’s and its peoples’ drive for continuous improvement.
For additional information about the firm, please visit www.imsearch.com
THE SEARCH COORDINATOR ROLE
Isaacson, Miller seeks an experienced, organized, and motivated individual with outstanding communication skills to provide consistently excellent search administration services. This person will provide logistical and operational support to facilitate all phases of search activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SEARCH COORDINATOR
The Search Coordinator serves as the central search point of contact for recruiters, clients, and candidates, and is responsible for all scheduling and logistical planning, information management and production of client deliverables, and maintaining rigorous personal organization and ownership of projects. This position reports to their team Partner or search lead. Subsequently, the Search Coordinator will be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Provide administrative and logistical structure for searches based on individual search timeline; anticipate organizational needs; coordinate and manage internal processes;
• Manage complex calendars and coordinate internal and external meeting logistics including travel arrangements and videoconferencing;
• Manage production and dissemination of client meeting materials in electronic or paper formats
• Reconcile and track expenses for search leads and candidates;
• Maintain accurate and timely records in internal database and shared drive; manage the web application process;
• Preserve confidentiality of applicable materials and communications;
• Act as central liaison among client, candidate, partner, and team;
• Copy-edit and review job descriptions, memos, and other externally facing materials before submission to the client; and
• Participate in firm-wide and team-specific meetings.
IM seeks Search Coordinator candidates who are drawn to the firm’s belief in the power of exceptional leadership and an unwavering commitment to service excellence. An investment in the success and integrity of the firm as a whole is essential, as is a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and the cultural competence to work effectively across multiple lines of difference.
The ideal Search Coordinator candidate possesses a broad intellectual curiosity, excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal effectiveness, and technological savvy. The ideal candidate will be collaborative and eager to participate in both team and firm-wide activities and initiatives. This individual must have strong attention to detail; excellent organizational and project management skills; the ability to assess and adjust priorities in a fast-paced dynamic setting; and the ability to problem solve and to anticipate and address potential issues in advance. Experience with, knowledge of, and a passion for the nonprofit sector is preferred.
While no one candidate will possess all of them, the successful candidate will bring many of the following experiences, skills, and attributes.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years’ administrative experience in a professional setting preferred
• Professional and service-oriented approach and demeanor; attentiveness to colleagues, clients, and candidates;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with discretion; uses sound judgment in engaging with multiple constituencies, often involving issues of confidentiality;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to anticipate potential issues in advance;
• Strong personal integrity and work ethic, as well as a sense of humor and perspective;
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particular expertise with Outlook preferred; previous experience with calendar management and scheduling;
• Prior experience with databases; strong overall technological skills;
• Superlative interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build rapport and trust with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of educational and social backgrounds, and to demonstrate an honest respect for each individual;
• Excellent organizational and project management skills;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities, delivering high quality work within established timelines;
• Ability to learn new content areas quickly is essential;
• Commitment to IM's core values, including demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity;
• A collegial and collaborative nature; an inclination to connect with, learn from, and support colleagues throughout the firm;
• High standards in support of excellence in craft and quality;
• Strong written and oral communications skills, including active listening; and
• An interest in the mission work of IM’s client base.
APPLICATION, COMPENSATION, AND BENEFITS
Please visit www.imsearch.com/IMcareers to learn more about the opportunities offered at IM, and to submit application materials in confidence. Applications should include a resume as well as a cover letter explaining your interest in Isaacson, Miller and the Search Coordinator role.
As an employee-owned firm, IM offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a non-contributory health and dental offering as well as participation in a profit-sharing pension plan and an employee stock ownership plan.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are embedded in Isaacson, Miller’s mission, founding impulse, core values, and practice. From the start, IM has worked hard to recruit outstanding leaders across lines of difference and has been gratified to serve clients who share IM’s core values. IM has successes to celebrate and looks forward to continued growth and learning. Through the firm’s commitment to be a diverse and welcoming community of colleagues where everyone can thrive, all become stronger and empowered to provide the very best service to IM’s clients and contribute to a vital and powerful civic sector.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IM is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create a safe work environment for its employees free of discrimination and harassment. IM hires the most qualified individuals for each position, and does so without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all areas of employment for all employees.
Isaacson, Miller (IM), a national retained executive search firm specializing in leadership recruitment in the civic sector, seeks to hire a Search Coordinator (SC) to contribute to the growth of the firm and the conduct of its work. IM offers…
Application materials, including a resume and cover letter, should be submitted at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/450700/Isaacson-Miller-Inc/Search-Coordinator
Application materials, including a resume and cover letter, should be submitted at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/450700/Isaacson-Miller-Inc…