High School Administrative Assistant
- Job posted by Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton
High School Administrative Assistant
The role of the Administrative Assistant at Sacred Heart Prep is an exceptional opportunity to grow as a member of a highly engaged team of educators in one of the Bay Area's premier independent schools. We seek a seasoned, skilled, organized and detail-loving professional who is comfortable coordinating, supporting and interacting with high level administrative leaders and the students in our high school. The successful candidate must be computer and internet savvy, an excellent communicator, talented writer/editor and a kind and empathetic team member. The ability to fluently speak and write in Spanish is strongly preferred and a healthy and appropriate sense of humor never hurts!
Key responsibilities for this important role include and are not limited to:
• Represents the face of the SHP and is often the first contact for visitors. This person greets and guides parents, students, prospective students, visitors, and provides the first response to inquiries of all varieties.
• Manages correspondence, maintains the calendar for and relays information to the Principal of SHP.
• Acts as the "gatekeeper" for Registrar, Assistant Principal - Academic Life, and Principal of the Preparatory, employing extreme diplomacy and grace. Answers questions from faculty and parents and redirects phone and in-person requests when appropriate
• Performs administrative and secretarial assignments with minimal direction, including maintaining calendar, setting appointments, maintaining files, preparing special reports and projects, coordinating meetings hosted by the Principal, taking minutes for administrative team or faculty meetings
• Coordinates the in-house substitute program and arranges for last-minute substitutes in the classroom
• Coordinates all Graduation Activities
• Coordinates and publishes the weekly parent newsletter
• Proof-reads and processes letters from the Principal of the Preparatory
• Contributes positively to employee morale; maintains a positive, pleasant demeanor to all constituencies; provides positive encouragement to students
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished relationship-builder; energized by working collaboratively with colleagues and students. Successful candidates will show a bias towards action and accuracy and a track record of achieving results. A passion for customer service and a clear commitment to the educational philosophy of Sacred Heart Schools is essential.
For a more detailed job description, please visit the career page on our website by https://www.shschools.org/Page/About/Careers--SHS and scroll down to the Preparatory section.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is rooted in a strong and deep history. Founded in 1898 by the Society of the Sacred Heart, an international congregation of Catholic women religious, it is a Roman Catholic, independent, coeducational school dedicated to the educational philosophy expressed in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools. SHS is made up of two divisions: Preschool & Kindergarten / Lower & Middle Schools (grades first through eighth) and Preparatory (grades nine through 12).
Located on a beautiful 64acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 24 schools in the U.S. and Canada Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. The school's mission is to educate the whole child to be a leader who loves God and serves others.
To learn more about Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, please see our website at http://www.shschools.org
This position offers competitive compensation and health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws. As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1294085
To apply online send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to PrepHR@shschools.org and indicate Prep Administrative Assistant 2018 in the subject line of the email. We apologize that we are not able to respond to email or phone requests for additional information. Preemployment background screening is required for all positions.
You may also mail your resume to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: Prep Administrative Assistant 2018