Senior Director of Finance
- Job posted by Color Of Change
Color Of Change
Senior Director of Finance
Color Of Change is driven by more than 1.4 million members working to build political and cultural power for Black communities, creating a more human and less hostile world for all people in America. Color Of Change uses an innovative combination of technology, research, media savvy, and local community engagement to build powerful movements and change the industries that affect Black people’s lives in Silicon Valley, Hollywood, Wall Street, Washington, prosecutor offices, capitol hills and city halls around the country.
With a total budget of almost $19 million and nearly 100 employees, Color Of Change is a growing organization that is having significant impact on national and local campaigns. For more information visit: colorofchange.org
Color Of Change is looking to a hire a Senior Director of Finance (“SDofF”) to be a strategic and integral driver of oversight, implementation and organization of Color Of Change’s financial systems. The Senior Director of Finance will report to the Chief Financial Officer and work in collaboration with the CFO and COO to ensure the integrity of the financials and systems within Color Of Change.
The SDofF must be a strong communicator with the ability to work in a fast-moving campaign environment that can react to changing variables and understands how to create systems that values good controls and flexibility within a multi-entity organizational structure.
The SDofF is responsible for all day-to-day accounting activities, oversees budget development, financial statement and audit preparation and financial management. S/he will manage a 4-member financial team with the ability to manage growth. Working closely with the CFO and COO, s/he must be strategic in assessing business risks and opportunities while ensuring that there is an ample amount of cash flow coverage.
- Work in collaboration with CFO on organization budgeting and financial planning.
- Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance, budgets and projections to Management and Board of Directors.
- Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for use with internal management and external parties.
- Oversee audit, tax, and campaign finance reporting functions including preparation of 990s and FEC reports. Coordinate other fiscal compliance activities with outside audit firms and campaign finance consultants.
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting, employee relations (hiring/terminating policies) and other corporate policies.
- Lead and oversee the day-to-day operations of the finance functions and provide direction and supervision to the finance team engaged in day-to-day internal accounting and cash management.
- Coach and mentor the accounting staff, providing leadership and guidance to achieve a high level of operational excellence.
- Partner with Talent and Human Resources on matters pertaining to payroll processing.
- Work with the Development team to track and manage donor contribution and reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA preferred.
- 3-5 years of nonprofit accounting experience a must.
- 2 years of experience managing a team or supervising a full-time staff person.
- 7 years or more of full-time accounting experience.
- Strong experience with Intacct, Insights, Bill.com or similar systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP; ability to prepare, analyze and present financial statements.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of inter-company accounting.
- Experience in payroll administration.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Demonstrated ability to think quickly, think strategically and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Can locate in NYC, DC or Oakland
Minimum Education Required