- Job posted by Homes First
Details: Starting salary range is $44,434 -$54,648. Full salary range is $44,434-$65,252
Can you be hands-on one moment and strategic the next? Do you have a deep appreciation for the challenge of providing affordable rental housing in Thurston and Mason Counties? If you want a position that allows you to make a significant impact in your community, have an opportunity to grow, and work with great people, then this could be the role for you.
Our client, Homes First, seeks a mission-driven, strategic, and proactive Associate Director to join their leadership team. Homes First has continued to expand its impact, serving the south Puget Sound by acquiring, renovating, and preserving affordable rental housing for people from a variety of demographics and serving those who have low and extremely low incomes. Founded in 1990 by a consortium of Thurston County housing activists, Homes First currently owns and manages over 100 units with over 250 tenants and is growing. Homes First is committed to making a significant contribution in the Puget Sound region’s basic need for affordable housing, reducing homelessness, supporting tenants, and building a safer community for the most vulnerable and chronically struggling populations.
Homes First offers competitive compensation, with a starting salary in the range of $44,000 - $54,000 and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, and medical, dental, vision and a 503(b) retirement plan.
To learn more, visit Homes First website
- Provide subject matter expertise for the various affordable housing funding sources and programs with which Homes First works.
- Provide strategic leadership in Operations Management related to local, state and federal laws and regulations governing subsidized housing.
- Serve as Human Resources expert for Homes First mission and values - integrating cultural requirements into HR practices.
- Implement HR programs/practices in support of Homes First growth goals and mission.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in nonprofit leadership, with at least 2 years in affordable housing development.
- BS/ BA degree in Nonprofit, Organizational, and/or Business Leadership/Management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience leading or supervising a team.
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with the board, public officials, funding agencies, community partners, and people of various socio-economic backgrounds.
- Proven experience in budget development and monitoring, personnel management, fiscal management and public relations.
- Experience and passion for implementing high-quality, value-added, pro-active HR strategies and programs.
Generous benefits package includes paid time off, and medical, dental, vision and a 503(b) retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you don’t meet all of the above requirements but still think you’re the perfect candidate for this position – let us know why! Send your resume along with a cover letter addressing your qualifications as they relate to this position (We actually read these letters, as they are a good indicator of your interest and abilities in this position, so please don’t skip this step!) All inquiries are completely confidential. We look forward to hearing from you.
Homes First is an equal opportunity employer committed to work force diversity.