Case Manager, Children and Family Services Program
- Job posted by Sanctuary for Families
Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy.
The case manager will provide comprehensive case management services to clients within a program or project to help obtain self-sufficiency.<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/jvf3zwzdq49wdzsp"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vPmKz65hX8W6pf8bZugVbM">
- Assesses immediate needs of clients and makes appropriate referrals, including shelter/emergency transfer, and medical treatment.
- Assists clients in obtaining public benefits for which they are eligible (e.g. Medicaid, food stamps, housing and childcare subsidies).
- Assists clients in navigating school system and educational advocacy
- Assists clients in creating stability for themselves and their family through appropriate referrals for counseling, financial counseling, ESOL classes, job readiness programs and higher education.
- Refers clients to other appropriate legal and social services both within and outside of Sanctuary.
- Prepares requests for educational and financial assistance grants on behalf of clients.
- Advocates on behalf of clients.
- Provides therapeutic childcare in children's activity room.
- Conducts outreach and trainings.
- Maintains accurate case records, documents all services provided within Sanctuary's Service Tracking System and prepares statistics for monthly reports.
- Performs administrative support
- Perform any other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least one year experience in the social services field, preferably in domestic violence.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish or additional community language strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, multitask and prioritize
- Familiarity to Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Work, and Excel
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply