- Job posted by Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for a storytelling, brand building and content development professional to fill the role of Communications Manager. This position requires a bachelor's degree as well as background developing public relations and communications strategy. PLI's client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has impeccable writing skills and is passionate about developing and sharing strategic, creative content that will result in increased brand awareness.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Communications Manager will work closely with staff across the organization to understand the workings, product lines, and deliverables of each department and, in turn, develop effective written content that advances PLI's mission and brand.
• Work with PLI leadership and Marketing Director to develop, execute, streamline, and elevate internal and external communications strategies, content plans, and processes to drive the PLI mission and brand.
• Lead PLI's media relations efforts by managing press relations and materials, pitching and developing relationships with the media, and identifying opportunities to advance PLI through print and online publications.
• Produce a wide range of communications content including but not limited to press releases, presentations, web copy, social media messaging, blog posts, newsletters, and talking points.
• Assist with crafting brand positioning, brand voice, and key marketing message points.
• Support copywriting efforts across Marketing, Programs and other internal departments to ensure a cohesive brand voice and tone.
• Craft and maintain a PLI writing style guide to ensure consistency and accuracy across all departments and platforms.
• Write and edit content for the PLI website.
• Manage 5 to 6 annual tradeshows and events, including show logistics, timelines, and coordination across departments. Respond to RFPs for upcoming conferences and explore opportunities to showcase PLI at industry events.
• Work closely with leadership to identify new thought leadership opportunities including external speaking engagements, articles, interviews, etc.
• Be the story-telling ambassador to drive content marketing within the organization, to build strong relationships with members and customers and drive brand loyalty and understanding of PLI's unique value proposition and history.
• Keep abreast of media and marketing trends and apply insights to PLI communications strategy.
• Special assignments for the President.
• Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• BA degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field is required.
• 5 - 7 years of communications or public relations experience required.
• Ability to execute simultaneously on multiple projects with tight deadlines and prioritize the workload.
• Stellar writing and copyediting skills with a flair for storytelling. High comfort level writing for marketing, public relations, and other business audiences.
• Experience publishing content through a content management system.
• Knowledge and experience using media management and tracking tools.
• A versatile self-starter and creative thinker with the capability to see the big picture and also the details of a project.
• Solid interpersonal skills and can build relationships across departments.
• A “roll up your sleeves” attitude.
• Established relationships with reporters/producers at leading media outlets preferred.
For 85 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation's leading preparation course for the Patent Office's Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. As a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, generous contributions to employee retirement accounts, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website http://www.pli.edu.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1284542
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1284542