We are continuously looking for strong Principals to work for our partner schools. Depending on the school partner, Principals may oversee an elementary/middle school campus (PreK-8th grade); a middle school campus (6th-8th grade); or a high school campus (9th-12th grade).
The Principal will perform specific responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Implement an instructional vision and maintain school-wide focus on high standards of student achievement;
- Lead a dynamic professional learning community that embraces accountability and outstanding student results.
- Design, deliver, and evaluate research-based professional development for all staff that fosters improved student achievement, developmentally appropriate instructional approaches, using data to strengthen student performance, positive school climate, and productive staff morale.
- Work cooperatively with the Head of School and TenSquare to coach, supervise, and evaluate staff through informal classroom visits, regular formal and informal classroom observations, lesson plan review, and written evaluations for instructional staff.
- Model excellence in teaching and leading;
- Participate in the recruitment, assessment, hiring, and retention of exceptional teachers and staff.
- Oversee the implementation and evaluation of the curriculum and instructional program.
- Collaborate with key staff to administer interim assessments and implement the PARCC assessment;
- Equip staff to use student performance data to set achievement targets, strengthen instruction, and improve student outcomes;
- Analyze school assessment data to make academic and programmatic decisions.
- Collaborate with the Head of School and operations team to manage, supervise, and evaluate effective procedures for the day-to-day operation of the school consistent with its philosophy, mission, values and goals;
- Support the school’s compliance with external parties including the Public Charter School Board (PCSB), Office of the State Superintendent (OSSE), and all federal and local policies and laws;
- Collaborate with school leadership on HR, budgeting, facility management, and compliance to fulfill the school’s academic goals.
- Communicate the message of standards-driven teaching and learning to families, staff, students, and community partners;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with students and their families through communication, outreach, and collaboration;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
Educational Background and Work Experience
- A minimum of three years of academic leadership experience; previous experience as a Principal, Assistant Principal, Dean, Mentor Teacher, or Department Head required;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; an advanced degree in K-12 school administration, curriculum & instruction, or a related field, preferred.
Skills and Characteristics
- A performance and results-driven approach to school leadership and student outcomes;
- A desire to intentionally grow in his/her leadership abilities through a dynamic partnership with a school improvement team;
- Experience coaching school staff to instructional excellence;
- Deep familiarity with the PARCC exam;
- Comfort synthesizing and prioritizing data to solve problems and develop strategies to achieve ambitious academic goals;
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytic skills;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to present information to large groups of adults;
- Ability to establish a team-building, facilitative rapport with peers, staff, students, parents, and external stakeholders;
- Willingness to collaborate around instructional decisions;
- Experience with local, state, and federal compliance;
- A demonstrated passion for advancing educational opportunities in low-income communities; extensive knowledge of the charter school movement, while extremely valuable, is not required for this position
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click here to apply to the Principal (K-12) position.
No phone calls please.
TenSquare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, TenSquare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.