Isaacson, Miller (IM), a national retained executive search firm specializing in leadership recruitment in the civic sector, seeks to hire a Search Services Specialist to conduct comprehensive and thorough references on candidates and to collaborate with Partners and frontline recruiters across the firm to research talent and evaluate future leaders. IM offers exciting opportunities for a talented individual who is dedicated to the success of mission-driven organizations, drawn to the intellectual demands and professional pace of executive recruiting, and wishes to have an impact on the caliber and diversity of leadership in organizations that advance the common good.
Since IM’s founding in 1982, IM has been committed to strengthening and diversifying the leadership of mission-driven organizations. A belief in the power of exceptional leadership and an unwavering commitment to service excellence, integrity, and impact animate the firm. IM enjoys a nearly 83% returning-client rate and completes more than 300 search assignments each year across the entire civic sector. IM has practices in higher education, healthcare and academic medicine, science and technology, PreK-12 education and education improvement, conservation, environment and natural resources, associations, foundations, arts and cultural organizations, human and social service agencies, and advocacy organizations.
IM’s more than 200 staff members share a fundamental commitment to its clients’ missions, motivating them to continue to achieve outstanding results. IM’s work is guided by the following ideals and principles that drive business forward and to which the company is held accountable:
· Diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Craft excellence.
· Intellectual curiosity.
· Generous collegiality.
· Support of growth opportunities.
· Social impact.
These core values anchor IM today and the firm’s aspirations for the future. They guide firm strategy, client service, teammate recruitment, day-to-day interactions, and the firm’s and its peoples’ drive for continuous improvement.
For additional information about the firm, please visit www.imsearch.com
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SEARCH SERVICES SPECIALIST
The Search Services Specialist will serve a critical role in the search process by identifying potential candidates through online research, and will develop in-depth candidate profiles by searching publicly available information and conducting reference calls on candidates. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to gain a thorough understanding of our nation’s civic infrastructure, to help recruit its next leaders, and be part of a steadily growing company committed to service excellence, integrity, and impact in the mission-driven space.
The position requires a team-oriented approach, the ability to work with a range of people, an enthusiasm for finding and organizing information, and high attention to detail and standards. This individual will need superb organization skills and the ability to assess and adjust priorities in a fast paced, dynamic setting in addition to excellent writing, interviewing, and listening skills. Someone who is self-motivated and intellectually curious will go far in this role. A Search Services Specialist works with the Partners, Associates, Search Coordinators, and colleagues within Search Services over the course of a search. This position reports to the Senior Director of Search Services in the Boston office.
The Search Services Specialist will work across the Reference and Research Teams, providing support to recruiters and our clients across all stages of a search.
Conduct extensive reference interviews to capture a comprehensive perspective of each candidate. Interviews are presented to the client in a transcript-style report that typically contains multiple pages of commentary on each finalist. Responsibilities include:
· Quickly learn the issues in a search and engage high-level executives in substantive and meaningful conversations about the careers, accomplishments, and leadership skills of candidates.
· Elicit 360-degree, intensive, and thorough input from the complete range of a candidate’s colleagues, subordinates, supervisors, and others.
· Write and edit reports to convey in a concise, readable format the tone and substance of the conversation.
Support several search teams and searches simultaneously at various stages of the search, with research projects that include but are not limited to:
· Due diligence research: Research and organize research on candidates; done before later stage candidate presentations and interviews with the client, using news databases and Google
· Networking and candidate research: Build lists of names or organizations and research similar past searches and candidate pools to support associates during networking, using online databases and IM’s internal records and database
· Work across IM offices to collect and organize research to ensure centralized accessibility of all updated research materials for both current and future searches.
· Participate in research team meetings and projects and coordinate workload with other Research Specialists.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE | QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
Isaacson, Miller seeks candidates who are drawn to Isaacson, Miller’s mission of strengthening and diversifying leadership in the civic sector. A commitment to the success and integrity of the firm is essential.
Although we recognize that no one person will meet all of these criteria, the ideal candidate will possess the following professional experience and personal qualities:
· A deeply felt interest in the mission-driven work of Isaacson, Miller’s client base; specific knowledge of higher education or other sectors the firm serves is helpful, but the capacity and positive energy to learn new content areas quickly is essential.
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; the cultural competence to work effectively across lines of difference.
· A collegial and collaborative nature; the inclination to connect with, learn from, and offer assistance to colleagues throughout the firm.
· Honesty, openness, and a healthy sense of humor.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Strong interviewing skills; ability to determine the qualifications of the reference-givers and the context of their relationships with the candidates and ability to translate conversationally obtained information into a well-written, informative, and insightful report that is true to the tone of the reference-giver and helpful to decision makers in evaluating candidates. Ability to synthesize information and prepare concise summaries or highlights of a reference.
· Motivated to understand the context and goals for assignments; ability to engage internal partners in ongoing dialogue about projects, including deadlines and project status.
· Inquisitive drive to understand the context and implications of research and referencing work. Willingness to discover, explore, master, and, when appropriate, teach new tools, sources, and techniques.
· The capacity to quickly gain the trust of and build rapport with people at all levels of an organization both in person and without the benefit of face-to-face interactions.
· Critical thinking and judgment.
· The ability to take initiative and work independently and efficiently, combined with self- awareness to ask for guidance when needed; excellent time management skills; the ability to assess and adjust work priorities and meet deadlines. Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks for multiple searches simultaneously, delivering high quality work within established timelines. A strong work ethic.
· Active inclination to seek knowledge from and share expertise with colleagues. Willingness to receive and act upon constructive feedback.
· Familiarity with search engines, web browsers, databases, and common office software. Willingness to discover, explore, master, and, when appropriate, teach new tools, sources, and techniques. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook, Word and Excel).
· Conscientiousness in producing high quality work and attention to detail. Ability to closely follow research protocols and best practices and refer to training materials as needed. Proficient in accurate data entry.
· Commitment to integrity, quality, and consistency of all Search Services products.
· Maturity, discretion, and sound judgment in engaging with multiple constituencies, often involving issues of confidentiality.
APPLICATION, COMPENSATION, AND BENEFITS
Please visit www.imsearch.com/IMcareers to learn more about the opportunities offered at IM, and to submit application materials in confidence. Applications should include a resume as well as a cover letter explaining your interest in Isaacson, Miller and the Search Services Specialist role.
As an employee-owned firm, IM offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a non-contributory health and dental offering as well as participation in a profit-sharing pension plan and an employee stock ownership plan.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are embedded in Isaacson, Miller’s mission, founding impulse, core values, and practice. From the start, IM has worked hard to recruit outstanding leaders across lines of difference and has been gratified to serve clients who share IM’s core values. IM has successes to celebrate and looks forward to continued growth and learning. Through the firm’s commitment to be a diverse and welcoming community of colleagues where everyone can thrive, all become stronger and empowered to provide the very best service to IM’s clients and contribute to a vital and powerful civic sector.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IM is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create a safe work environment for its employees free of discrimination and harassment. IM hires the most qualified individuals for each position, and does so without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all areas of employment for all employees.
Isaacson, Miller (IM), a national retained executive search firm specializing in leadership recruitment in the civic sector, seeks to hire a Search Services Specialist to conduct comprehensive and thorough references on…