Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
The ATI Case Manager is an integral member of Sanctuary for Families' Anti-Trafficking Initiative (ATI), one of the nation's leading service providers for survivors of human trafficking and related forms of gender-based violence in the country. In addition to legal services, ATI provides its clients with a wide range of social, case management, and advocacy services.
This position entails working in a high-paced, dynamic, sometimes crisis-responsive environment, learning and navigating multiple systems, including law enforcement (federal and state), public housing, public assistance, and interfacing with public interest partner organizations while managing a fairly large case load.
· Coordinates case management under the supervision of the ATI Supervising Social Worker
· Provides case management for clients experiencing immediate crisis
· Coordinates referrals and placements for immediate client needs, including shelter and medical treatment
· Assists clients to obtain public benefits when eligible (e.g. Medicaid, food stamps, housing and childcare subsidies)
· Assists clients to gain self-sufficiency through appropriate referrals for counseling, financial counseling, ESL classes, job readiness programs, and higher education
· Prepares requests for educational and financial assistance grants on behalf of clients
· Refers clients to other appropriate legal and social services within and outside of Sanctuary
· Assists in the filing of immigration applications on behalf of clients
· Collaborates with Supervising Social Worker and ATI Director to complete grant reporting duties to ATI funders
· Maintains and updates electronic client records in Salesforce in a timely manner
· Performs additional administrative support services for ATI
Performs other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed by the ATI Director
· Energetic and passionate about Sanctuary's mission of ending gender violence and human trafficking
Job Cluster: D1-$45,000.00
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
D.E.I Commitment: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Sanctuary for Families that represent our dedication to fostering a safe, respectful, responsive, and fair work environment. We recognize the value diversity holds in embracing all employees, clients, and volunteers regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or professional level.
Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children…