Case Manager, Transitional Services
- Job posted by Sanctuary for Families
The case manager, transitional services will provide comprehensive, trauma-informed case management services in order to assist clients in a transitional shelter to obtain housing permanency and economic stability.
- Conducts client housing assessments.
- Provides support for clients' housing search.
- Accompanies clients in the community; at apartment viewings and at lease signings.
- Researches, complies and distributes housing resources.
- Provides updates to case managers, residential services regarding clients' housing progress.
- Conducts community outreach to develop new partnerships with brokers, landlords, management offices and other housing related professionals.
- Searches for housing opportunities in the community.
- Liaisons between brokers, landlords, housing subsidy programs, HRA and prospective tenants.
- Designs, implements and facilitates monthly housing workshops and assists in facilitation of other economic stability programming.
- Conducts client economic assessments and makes appropriate referrals.
- Utilizes the New York City Way database to monitor client public assistance cases.
- Utilizes SORTS to request extensions for clients' stay.
- Attends relevant trainings and workshops.
- Collaborates with the inter-disciplinary team.
- Assists clients in accomplishing service plan goals as they relate to seeking, applying for and obtaining permanent housing.
- Participates in city-wide housing related taskforces.
- Documents all services in a thorough and timely manner.
- Performs any other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- At least one year experience in the social services field, preferably in domestic violence.
- Knowledge of housing placements and resources.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects.
- Takes initiative to meet clients' needs.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and prioritize.
- Strong Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel skills.
- Bilingual English and Spanish or additional community language preferred.
- Understanding of and ability to work with people of diverse national, ethnic, cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Reports to Program Director, Transitional Services.
- Member of the Residential Clinical Program.
- Regular collaboration with staff of SBH, Clinical Administration, other programs within the Clinical Department, Economic Empowerment Program, and Legal Center as required/needed.
Minimum Education Required