External Relations Manager
- Job posted by Finn Church Aid
Details: circa 50,000 Euros based on experience
Location: Flexible location including home office
Reporting to: FCA Executive Director
Annual salary: circa 50,000 Euros based on experience
About FCA and the role:
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish development cooperation organisation and the second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions.
Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
Most of our assistance goes to Africa. The need for assistance on the continent has been caused and maintained by political instability, prolonged crises and natural disasters. The second most significant target for aid funds is Asia, which has the largest number of people living in poverty.
The majority of our funds (around 45M EUR annually) come from private donors, international institutional donors, global partners, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, and parishes.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Executive Director, the External Relations Manager will support the coordination of all global partnership relations working in conjunction with management team members, representing FCA in events and strategic meetings with relevant global stakeholders such as Development Banks, World Bank and other global institutions. The External Relations Manager works closely with FCA country offices, and the Helsinki head office thematic advisors. We are looking for an independent, creative, organized individual with strong communications and project management skills.
- Manage FCA’s global partnership relations with each Management Team member responsible on global partners based on the global partnership cooperation listing.
- Coordinate the work towards global partners with the nominated team for each global partner.
- Ensure internal communications and follow up actions towards partners
- Coordinate and prepare the meetings with global partners.
- Participate in and represent FCA in strategic global partnership meetings
- Represent FCA in events and conferences to actively encourage new partnerships
- Develop program countries global partnership communications.
- Provide analyses, develop recommendations and guidance on global partnerships for FCA management team.
- Participate in innovation initiatives
Interactions: Management team, Communications, Regional and country managers, Global Grants-team, Finance.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume in English in strict confidence by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”, please put “FCA- Senior External Relations Manager” in the email subject line.
Deadline for applications: Sunday December 9th, 2018