Program Assistant V: Alumni Engagement
- Job posted by University of San Francisco
Program Assistant V: Alumni Engagement
University of San Francisco
Reporting to the Associate Director, Alumni Engagement Operations, provide administrative support to and the 10-member Department of Alumni Engagement within the office of Development. Independent judgment and decision-making abilities required for planning, prioritizing, and organizing a diverse workload. This individual will support the planning, promotion and implementation of all matters relating to the Alumni Engagement department, which includes supporting the work of alumni events, as needed.
The University of San Francisco offers a diverse community and excellent benefits which at this time include on-site gym membership, 15 days of paid holiday leave, tuition remission after one year of service, a competitive health plan and more.
● Provide general administrative support to the Associate Director and other full-time department staff.
● Manage tracking and reconciliation of expenses for a program budget of $400k; prepare expense reports.
● Coordinate logistics for 30+ alumni events, including on-site registration, coding of attendee lists, and marketing efforts.
● Support the overall goals of the Alumni & Donor Engagement unit by serving as a liaison to the Stewardship, Development Communications, and University Special Events departments.
● Draft, proofread, type, copy, distribute, and file correspondence and communications.
● Schedule, arrange and coordinate meetings and events, which includes managing room reservations, catering, AV set-up, calendaring with multiple guests, document preparation, PowerPoint presentation preparation, and taking minutes.
● Coordinate the Director’s calendar; schedule, arrange and coordinate conference calls.
● Receive, screen, and direct telephone calls, visitors, mail and email, including researching and independently resolving questions and issues from alumni.
● Coordinate with “key partner” USF departments in support of Development operations including Business and Finance, Bon Appetit catering services, Events Scheduling, Public Safety, Facilities Management, ITS , etc.
● Schedule visits and meetings with prospects, donors, volunteers, and University staff.
● Organize and maintain Alumni Engagement department files.
● Employs effective follow-up systems to ensure that deadlines are met.
● Manage sensitive information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
● Independently respond to inquiries for information and assistance (both internal and external).
● Order supplies, initiate and renew subscriptions.
● Perform other related duties as requested by the Associate Director and department staff.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
● Manage vendor orders and relationships.
● Manage and track event logistics, RSVPS , event inquiries, event payments, and the production of nametags and guests lists for events managed by Alumni Engagement.
● Attend alumni events to provide day-of support.
● Make basic updates to alumni pages on USF website.
● Prepare emails in university’s email marketing system.
● Create and deploy event and communications surveys using the survey software Qualtrics; upload responses into the university database.
● Update and maintain Alumni & Donor Engagement metrics dashboard.
● Post high school education preferred. Training or experience equivalent to five years of increasingly responsible work experience in a senior support role or related education.
● Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
● Previous supervisory experience.
● Ability to independently analyze, recommend and implement new/changes to procedures.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Ability to work with high level executive officers and/or vice presidents.
● Advanced experience working with computer database systems, word processing (Microsoft Word) and spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel) software. Experience with mail merge preferred.
● Must be customer service and team oriented and willing to bring a consistently positive spirit to the office. Willing and able on occasion to perform duties evenings and weekends.
● Ability to travel locally, work evenings and weekends
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: http://apptrkr.com/1174549
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link:http://apptrkr.com/1174549