Chief Program Officer
- Job posted by AHRC New York City
Details: Salary is commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
83 Maiden Lane
BACKGROUND: As the organization that created the first schools, workshops, day treatment programs, and community residences for children and adults with intellectual and other developmental disabilities, AHRC New York City is a leading family-governed organization committed to finding ways for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to build full lives.
With a staff of 5,000 and an operating budget in excess of $300M, AHRC is one of the largest not-for-profit organizations in New York State, and offers an unsurpassed array of services that benefit the lives of more than 15,000 people of all ages in the five boroughs. AHRC is a recognized leader in the field and is committed to promoting the highest levels of excellence and innovation in all aspects of its work. For more information about how AHRC positively impacts lives, please click here.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Program Officer will work with a truly dedicated leadership team, staff, and board to articulate and implement the strategic vision of AHRC while promoting a whole-person approach to service, innovation, and value. S/he will lead and manage the largest portfolio of I/DD programs and related services in New York State, and keep the agency abreast of all program issues, accomplishments, and opportunities for innovation, collaboration, and growth.
The CPO will be expected to help successfully lead AHRC’s transition to managed care and value-based systems of care and support. Reporting to the CPO are five Program Division Directors overseeing more than 100 programs delivered across 200 sites.
This is a unique and rewarding leadership role opportunity for a strategic, compassionate, diplomatic, and creative professional with a demonstrated ability to be a collaborative, collegial builder and change agent. The ideal candidate will bring to the role the highest standards of integrity, commitment and judgment.
- Significant track record of progressive leadership, including demonstrated experience operating multiple service programs in human service, I/DD, healthcare, or other relevant setting.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator.
- Success leading diverse work teams, developing organization-wide strategies for program excellence, engaging community partners, and partnering with leadership, staff, consumers and their families as well as and board members.
- Tangible experience in program analytics, measurement, and evaluation.
- Track record of accomplishment driving toward new levels of programmatic impact.
- A collaborative, collegial, team-oriented innovator.
- Able to inspire and motivate teams.
- Passionate about AHRC’s mission.
- A warm, engaging and approachable personal style.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Diplomatic and politically savvy.
- Willing and able to be a visible member of the community and to participate in regular AHRC NYC and community events.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is highly desirable.
AHRC offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required