Director of Digital
- Job posted by YMCA of Greater Seattle
909 4th Avenue
Director of Digital
Smart, Savvy + Associates has partnered with the YMCA of Greater Seattle in their search for a Director of Digital, who will champion the organization’s best-in-class website and customer digital experience. This key role reports to the Senior VP and Chief Marketing Officer, and works with the Association’s Headquarters’ marketing team, as well as collaborates with 13 individual branches.
We are looking for a digitally savvy marketer who is passionate about non-profit and social enterprise. You are ready for a role with impact, and your enthusiasm shines brightly whether it’s your excitement around digital innovation, user experience, or conversing over a cup of coffee (or tea) with a customer or colleague.
If you’re a digital innovator who would like to build some legacy work into your career path, and you want to make a difference in your community – consider applying below!
About the role:
This key role is responsible for owning and managing all of YMCA of Greater Seattle’s web properties, through the following 3 phases:
1) Strategy, customer requirements and roadmap development
2) UX design and delivery
3) Content, performance and optimization
The role of the website is to support YMCA of Greater Seattle’s revenue, philanthropy and volunteer goals, all while providing a world class customer experience. The main areas of responsibility include:
- Own user insight and website performance including site metrics, site testing, primary research, and best practices to guide the business
- Share innovation and insight using best practices, resources, tools for digital marketing
- Responsible for the technology and experience roadmap, website and email programs, and mobile apps
- Accountable for attaining consistency in progress, evidenced by measurement and analytics
- Deliver content and capabilities in collaboration with other team members
- Build and manage agency partners; work in collaboration with independent YMCA branches
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, computer engineering, web design or a related field
- 8-10 years’ experience in marketing with a strong focus on developing, executing and representing web strategy and other digital projects
- Experienced project manager for large scale web and mobile app launches; thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and shifting timelines
- Strong understanding of the web development life-cycle including requirements gathering, feedback, roadmap development and release schedules
- Demonstrated aptitude and success in managing mobile and web application development teams, including leadership of multi-discipline, high performance work groups.
- Technical expertise with enterprise CMS (Drupal 8), JIRA and/or Basecamp
- Strong analytical skills and big-picture thinking; works well in inclusive, collaborative settings with a wide range of work styles/perspectives
- Strong interpersonal skills, influence management, and ability to inspire, motivate and lead cross-functional teams to achieve goals
- Entrepreneurial and energetic – builds roadmaps with business partners, engages in new trends and ideas, keeps abreast of digital innovations
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is the Northwest’s leading nonprofit organization strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Founded in 1876, the Y reaches more than 253,000 people of all backgrounds, abilities and financial circumstances annually through 13 branches, two overnight camps and more than 200 program sites throughout King and south Snohomish counties. It nurtures more than 142,000 kids and teens to develop their gifts and give back to our community and engages nearly 23,000 volunteers who contribute more than 372,000 hours of service each year.
About Smart, Savvy + Associates
Smart, Savvy + Associates are expert providers of recruitment of high caliber marketing, communications, creative, and sales professionals. Our specialty is strong relationships: we get to know our candidates and we take the time to explore the job requirements, cultural context and business objectives surrounding each hire.
Level of Language Proficiency
English: Native or bilingual proficiency
Minimum Education Required