Accountant II (2534)
- Job posted by Downtown Emergency Service Center (DESC)
The Accountant II works closely with the Controller, Senior Accountant and other accounting staff to maintain accurate and complete financial records for the agency. This position has primary responsibility for contract billing, general ledger accounting, financial reporting, and financial analysis. This position will cross train and provide backup for accounts payable.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for preparing monthly contract invoices for submission to contractors.
- Monitor spending against contract budgets; develop and amend contract budgets as needed.
- Ensure compliance with program requirements and work with the Financial Analyst in analyzing and investigate budget to actual variances.
- Reconcile cash and general ledger accounts; investigate and resolve differences timely.
- Work with the Controller and other accounting staff to maintain accurate accounting and administrative records for agency activities.
- Prepare various financial reports for distribution to DESC staff and third parties.
- Responsible for reviewing accounts payable transactions as a back-up to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Review rent accounting transactions and other routine entries prepared by the Accountant I.
- Track and record loan activity for the agency.
- Compile documentation requested by external auditors and funders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or business administration.
- Coursework and minimum three years of job experience in accounting and financial management.
- Computer experience; significant experience with spreadsheets and accounting software (MIP preferred).
- Attention to detail, and ability to work independently with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Willingness to be flexible and work cooperatively with co-workers to accomplish all responsibilities.
- Ability and desire to communicate and work effectively and appropriately with staff and vendors from various backgrounds and disciplines in person, on the phone, and via email.
- Ability to effectively relate and to agency's clients displaying a wide range of unpleasant and/or bizarre behaviors.
- Demonstrate respect for diversity and commitment to developing multicultural competency sensitivity.
- Subscribe to philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs, and of consideration and respect for clients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit, communicate with other employees and vendors, is required to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds and to operate computer hardware systems. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Considerable stress may occur.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vkgt7g26hh8rgny3
Minimum Education Required