1001 Connecticut Ave. NW
Are you passionate about making the American Dream attainable for all Americans?
We are currently in search of a Director of Development for an Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
SCHEDULE: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Is This Your Dream Job? The ideal candidate will implement a strategic approach to engage new donors and expand the current donor base. The candidate will also manage the development pipeline, identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective donors. The candidate will manage the database, donor records, gifts, pledge processing, submit grant applications, and grant schedules. The candidate will oversee plan and execution of donor engagement events. Additionally the candidate will work with communications department to create development materials. The candidate will be a self-starter who is confident, professional, and possess excellent written and oral communications skills. The candidate must be a problem solver, multitasker, and a team player with a good sense of humor. The candidate will report to the President & CEO.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 4+ years of non-profit fundraising experience
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Must be able to convey client’s mission effectively
· Uses Microsoft Dynamics to track fundraising goals
· Confident, professional team player with a sense of humor
· Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively communicate
· Some travel required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Develop fundraising strategies and building pipelines
· Collaborate with President & CEO to create multi-channel plans to increase revenue
· Manage the development database and donor records
· Prepare and submit grant applications to generate donations for the organization
· Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities
· Work with the Board and outside consultants
· Additional duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required