Assistant Managing Principal Broker
- Job posted by Living Room Realty
Help us take Living Room Realty to the next level!
Living Room Realty, is actively seeking an Assistant Managing Principal Broker. This position, known as the Membership Director, will lead and grow our Living Room members and offices in the Portland metro area. The right candidate may also have the opportunity to grow the company by helping open new offices outside our current market. This key individual will serve on the leadership team for Living Room Realty, currently with six locations across Portland, Vancouver, and Oregon’s North Coast, with approximately 131 licensed real estate agents.
The Membership Director will be primarily focused on maintaining targeted growth of quality licensed real estate agents within the organization and cultivating the business development of all Living Room agents. The Membership Director will be excellent at communicating our brand values and vision of growth. They will lead the staff towards that vision while managing the achievement of critical milestones along the path to success. The successful Membership Director will have high capacity in interpersonal relationships and will be an inspirational and effective oral and written communicator
At Living Room Realty, we are committed to our core values and we strive to live them every day.
To promote, honor and embrace the culture within our community.
To create meaningful and powerful relationships in our community.
To honor ourselves and those around us by doing what we say and saying what we mean.
To cultivate joy through energy and gratitude.
To create achievement and enjoyment each day.
To appreciate and value what we have in order to create true generosity.
To achieve excellence through distinctive client experience and service.
To seek relevance, beauty and meaning in all we do.
Our values manifest themselves as a group of dynamic and creative learners who are passionate about improving every day, producing inspired and effective work, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
Our promise to our clients is to continually innovate that deepen their relationships with their customers. For the “A player” (someone in the top 10% of talent for any position) looking for something special, this position is the opportunity for you.
- Do you have a passion for serving others?
- Do you have a high level of attention to detail?
- Do you love systems that are simple, beautiful, and intuitive?
- Are you looking for a place to learn and challenge yourself every day?
- Are you able to maintain calm in times of stress?
- Do you focus on priorities to achieve set goals?
- Do you value the people you work with as much as the work itself?
- Do you look at work as a career rather than just a job?
- Are you inspired by the opportunity to address and solve interesting problems?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to meet you!
Living Room Realty is a successful Portland, Oregon based residential and commercial real estate, tenant placement, and property management company that helps individuals and families make room to live.
Using neighborhood-smarts and ingenuity, our agents help clients find the answer. We know choosing a home amounts to more than closet space, good light, and square footage; it’s discovering the place to dream, create, and express your way of life and contribute to your community. Our agents use vision and heart, matching people with a house that becomes home. Whether it’s time to buy or sell, we deliver confident representation that moves quickly and maximizes value.
We are more than residential realtors. If you’re a renter, we find the right home or apartment in a neighborhood that suits your style. If you’re an investor, we’ll manage your property, placing and managing tenants while handling property maintenance. Want to start or move a business? Our commercial brokers help navigate Portland’s diverse commercial districts, ensuring you get the right location for your enterprise to thrive.
Living Room is the first West Coast brokerage to earn B Corp certification and is Gold Certified for Sustainability at Work by the City of Portland. Living Room has been honored with the Oregon Ethics in Business Award, 2014; The Oregonian’s Top Workplaces Award, 2014-2017, the Willamette Week Best of Portland Award, 2015 and Oregon Business 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon 2017. Our Owner and Founder has been honored as one of Portland’s Top 40 under 40 and is an Orchid Award recipient for Business and Civic Contributions. Living Room has been featured on OPB’s Think Out Loud and in The Oregonian, Portland Business Journal, Realtor.com, and Portland Monthly.
Living Room Realty is seeking a dynamic Membership Director to help lead and inspire our member agents and strategically grow the organization.
- Leading strategic initiatives to recruit high producing and high potential real estate agents who are a strong fit with company values and culture
- Staff development and management to ensure proper training, accountability for Living Room’'s high performance standards, and are meeting goals
- Regular agent check ins to ensure agents are on track and thriving
- Promote a strong, learning-based environment by organizing training and educational opportunities
- Maintain a positive and empowering environment of joy and abundance that challenges agents to reach their potential and creates a caring, people-first, atmosphere
- In-depth, high-level, and proven leadership and growth capabilities
- Strong sales background with recruitment experience preferred
- Experience in a high-growth or start-up environment preferred
- Ability to build powerful relationships resulting in effective and consistent recruitment
- Strong verbal leadership, communication skills, and social poise
- Successful background in real estate sales
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative team setting as well as be a self-starter with strong personal accountability
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Living Room Realty is committed to maintaining a motivated, positive work environment full of great people who share, demonstrate, and live our core values. We take pride in working for a company that lives its core values, vision, and mission/purpose and continually provides tangible value and benefit to its employees and clients. Our benefits include:
- Base salary of $75,000 with competitive compensation package including performance based bonus opportunities with potential up to $120,000
- Medical coverage reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% match
- Company paid ongoing training and personal development
- Vacation, personal time off, and company paid holidays
- Vacation bonus
- Pre and post natal support
- Outstanding working environment
- Family friendly atmosphere and culture
- Working with other “A players” driven to create great client results
“As a member of this community it is imperative for me to work at a business that supports my values. Through my work at Living Room I am able to provide exceptional customer service, develop my skills, encouraged to learn and I am appreciated for my strengths.“ -Ash Jimenez, Maintenance Coordinator
“Living Room Realty is the coolest and most empowering place that I have ever been employed. The ownership and staff are evolved and dynamic thinkers. This environment allows lot of latitude for ideas to be presented, nourished, and unleashed into the larger community. I often found myself with the freedom and responsibility to pursue any course of action of my choosing when situations arose. Being given the chance to spread my wings, and sometimes fail, was pretty empowering; those opportunities also made success more frequent and powerful.
I remember being a year end planning meeting one time and talking about some big-picture ideas for the new year. Jenelle (the owner) said something like: "if a person just wants someone to tell them what to do everyday, then this is the wrong place to work." That culture of allowing new ideas, ownership of projects and collaboration really sums up what it is like to work at LRR.
As a broker I couldn't imagine hanging my license anywhere else and during my time as the Managing Principal Broker I was so proud to be part of the leadership team.”
-Drew Burchette, former Managing Principal Broker
Our Hiring Process
We have a more thorough hiring process than most small businesses. This is because we believe that the cost of a mis-hire is enormous on both an individual and a company. Our process consists of several interviews, an analysis of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our process. We want you to find the ideal position for your skill set and strengths.
How to Apply
If you feel you are up for our challenging and rigorous hiring process, and feel you can contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application process by going to our online application. Phone calls and emails are not accepted.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please go to: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/32782?s=id