Details: Commensurate with Experience
Robert Half Executive Search has been exclusively retained by a non-profit organization in Concord, New Hampshire that is dedicated to using education, training, and support to transform the lives of individuals of all ages living with sight loss. We are seeking a dynamic, innovative educator and leader to be the organization’s next Director of Education.
The Director of Education will develop curriculum, maintain contracts, and serve as the “face” of the organization with many outside constituents. In addition, the successful individual will be able to coach and mentor a relatively new team of ten Teachers of the Visually Impaired (“TVIs”) and Orientation and Mobility Specialists (“O&Ms”) and demonstrate passion for the mission.
Our client has achieved remarkable results over the last two years. They have increased the number of individuals served from 1,100 to nearly 3,000 and doubled the number of school age children they educate. The organization has begun to serve infants and toddlers, and they have expanded into health care, providing seniors access to occupational therapists. Further, they have partnered with other organizations to provide services to veterans and sponsor “thriving” activities, designed specifically to build skills and self-confidence out of school and/or home.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- A Master of Education or comparable degree
- At least eight years of supervision and/or program management at a non-profit organization serving those with educational and/or developmental needs
- Strong knowledge of special education legislation, current trends, and best practices
- Ability to drive throughout the state of New Hampshire, as needed
- Proven leadership/management skills with effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to affect change
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion and to serving the needs of a diverse community
- Excellent facilitation skills with a proven track record of building strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders in a team-oriented, high demand environment
- One who can maintain positive relationships and demonstrate tact and sensitivity in dealing with clients, consumers, board members, volunteers, and vendors
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly to Kevin Hicar, Principal at Robert Half Executive Search email@example.com