1400 I Street NW
Work directly with clients on-site, and from your new downtown Washington, DC office where you will be among your peers in human resources! Nonprofit HR is hiring for an Associate HR Business Partner, Benefits, and we want you to join the team. If administering and coordinating employee benefits plans sounds rewarding to you, then apply for this position by September 30 to be considered.
You will focus on benefits and have a chance to make a difference in the nonprofit sector! This position supports multiple missions and works with several client and internal Nonprofit HR teams.
Here are some ways you will be able to immediately apply your experience, plus sharpen your skills. You’ll have the opportunity to
1. Administer client benefits programs including orienting and educating new hires on the benefits available to them and assisting employees with identifying plans that best meet their needs.
2. Enroll employees in benefits plans with carriers/vendors and the client’s HRIS system ensuring that correct deductions roll into the client payroll systems from the HRIS or paper enrollment process.
3. Review and reconcile client insurance and vendor invoices against HRIS data and make necessary adjustments in carrier/vendor and HRIS systems.
4. Work with the Benefit Practice lead on special projects including drafting and editing reports and presentations, assisting with benefit audits, writing plan documents, completing 5500 forms etc.
5. Update Nonprofit HR compliance calendar as regulations change
6. Write general benefits communication templates for use by all HR Business partners
7. Work with HR Business Partner on leave management including creating leave calendars and managing the intersection of FMLA, client paid leave policy and disability insurance
See the full list of essential duties and responsibilities for this position.
What qualifications and skills are required for this position?
• The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in benefits administration; relevant work experience may be substituted for undergraduate degree
• Experience in HRIS or payroll system such as ADP, Paychex or Ultipro is an asset.
• General payroll knowledge, including current payroll legislation (e.g. taxable benefits).
• Strong technical aptitude and experience working with HRIS data – experience developing reports and analytics with high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Outstanding communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with a broad and diverse range of clients, staff, vendor partners and others.
See the full list of desirable skills for this position.
Join a fun team of creative, solutions-oriented professionals in Human Resources, all focused on the social sector. Nonprofit HR also offers an exceptional benefits plan that includes: unlimited leave, medical and dental, a generous holiday schedule, a 401k match program and the opportunity to chart your own professional course! We’re metro rail accessible. Our DC office is located directly at McPherson Square.
Send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required