Vice President, Development
- Job posted by Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow's transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green is seeking applications and nominations for the position of Vice President, Development.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming their communities by addressing challenges to economic development, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $42 million in funding to over 700 Fellows who have worked in more than 75 countries and 39 U.S. states.
They've established a global community of emerging leaders who have launched Teach for America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Hot Bread Kitchen, Public Allies, and hundreds of others. These organizations have leveraged Echoing Green's seed investment to raise more than $5 billion in public and private funding. Echoing Green unleashes unexpected potential by tracking down the best and the brightest leaders, bringing them together, and launching them on their path to success.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
As Echoing Green continues to expand its network of leaders and change-makers, the Vice President, Development will bring a strategic and insightful lens to engaging individual and institutional donors in the organization's work. Ideal candidates will be driven by social justice and will be passionate about Echoing Green's mission.
The Vice President, Development of Echoing Green will possess the following attributes and competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply a strategy to retain a $10M annual fund and expand a base of support to a $15M goal in coming years through relationships with high-net worth individuals and institutional partnerships
- Koya Leadership Partners www.koyapartners.com 2 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comfort developing and leveraging communications effectively to engage donors and publicize key partnerships
- Experience working with an active and high-profile Board of Directors to cultivate and steward engagement with the organization, including Board fundraising efforts
- History of engaging Board Members around short-term and long-term fundraising goals
- Understanding of Board expansion with enthusiasm to work with Board of Directors to identify and engage new Board prospects
- Enthusiasm to serve as a member of the Executive Team and to contribute to organizational leadership,
- including responding to complex and sensitive situations
- Capability to galvanize and lead President, Executive Team members, and mid-level program managers in
- building a culture of philanthropy for the organization
- Experience inspiring, supporting, and managing a team of four high-performing development professionals
- Track-record leading a team toward building and maintaining robust, data-driven systems to support a dynamic development operation
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with Vice President, Finance and Administration to implement and
- manage the organization's financial goals
- Capacity to assess fundraising risks and accurately forecast revenue pipeline
- Desired Skills and Experiences
- Track record of success working in close partnership with a dynamic CEO or President and direct experience working with high-powered Board Members
- At least seven to ten years of successful experience in cultivating deep relationships with major donors or investors
- Demonstrated success increasing the number of donors and/or investors in a portfolio of prospects, as well as the scale of contributions
- Certified Fundraising Executive is a plus
Echoing Green has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Molly Brennan and Melissa Madzel here.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
Minimum Education Required