- Job posted by Kennedy Children's Center
Kennedy Children’s Center (KCC) is dedicated to providing high quality education services to young children with developmental delays, in partnership with families and communities. KCC is seeking a Grant Manager to expand our portfolio of private and public grants to fund important initiatives outside the core services we offer to our clients. This position reports to the Director of Operations and Communications. The Grant Manager will be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, corporate, and government sources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and develop institutional funding sources to support existing and planned program activities, working closely with staff to develop ideas into grant proposals.
- Research and gather external and internal data points to craft a compelling narrative for successful grant proposals and reports.
- Prepare all required supporting financial, governance, program, and organizational materials to submit a robust grants package by deadlines specified in applications and RFPs.
- Maintain and evolve effective grants management systems in order to comply with all grant reporting as required by funders.
- Monitor spending of KCC grant funds to ensure compliance with funder requirements, in cooperation with the fiscal department.
- Report on the status of current and prospective foundation and government fundraising to leadership.
- Initiate relationships with prospective supporters, and maintain healthy relationships with existing supporters, through phone calls, site visits, email, meetings, etc. Arrange, attend, and prepare leadership for meetings with potential and current supporters.
- Maintain strong relationships with foundation staff and other current or potential supporters.
- Develop a high level of understanding of KCC programs, services, and constituency, and maintain program fluency as it changes.
- Stay informed on current issues in early childhood and special education in the New York City area, as well as KCC’s specific mission and services.
- Attend community events that present fundraising opportunities, individually and with other KCC staff.
- Assist with the planning and execution of two KCC-sponsored events to engage foundation and government supporters.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledgeable about standard foundation reporting requirements and deliverables.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Committed to working collaboratively across teams and incorporating feedback while also executing on deliverables independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, or nonprofit management preferred.
- 5-plus years in non-profit grant writing and/or development.
KCC offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Minimum Education Required